V-Moda iPhone in ear head phones.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jeramii, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Jeramii macrumors newbie

hello everyone,
    if you are looking for a great pair of headphones for your iPhone; I want to recommend the V-Moda in ear headphones. I bought mine nearly a year ago, and have always loved the quality of sound. They have held up well being in my pocket everyday taking no damage at all.

But the real reason I wanted to post this was to say how AMAZING this is. I left them in my pocket, and ran them through the wash by accident; on a heavy cycle. They even went through the dryer! When I pulled my clothes out, I noticed them in there and cursed out loud a few times, being that they weren't too cheap.

Plugged them into my iPhone and hoped for the best. Sure enough, EVERYTHING WORKS! As good as ever! Including the iPhone microphone.

I'm not just recommending them incase you make a stupid mistake like I did. But more to let you know that not only is the sound quality good. But these things can go through hell and back and still work great. Sound quality through the ear pieces, and the mic are still just as great as ever.

-J

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I had the opposite reaction to the Vibe Duos. My left earpiece blew within a week of owning them. I did however like the sound, but it was a little too bassy for my taste.

I now own a pair of Phonak Audeo PFE's. A LOT more detailed and more accurate than the Vibe Duos. Better sound quality in all respects. Not as much bass, but I like that better, since the bass QUALITY is amazing.

Of course, the two earphones are in totally different leagues. It is kinda hard to really compare them with each other.

4. Jeramii thread starter macrumors newbie

i really don't have reason to respond on here. i mainly use mac rumors to read what what others say...... but when i had this lucky of a experience i can't help but shout it upon the forums of macrumors.

5. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I like V-Moda also. I have a pair of Vibes that I've had for a little over a year. A few months ago, the button switch came apart. I filled out a service request on their Web site, printed the warranty form out and put the headphones in an envelope and mailed them off to V-Moda.

Less than one week later, they sent an entire new package of an updated model similar to mine complete with new ear pieces and a case.

Very happy. :D

6. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

I got a pair of black V-Moda's with my first iPhone and still use them on my iPhone 3G, They are great head phones except for one thing. They will work fine in the 1/8 inch head phone input on your Mac, But I do a lot of recording and studio work so I have a Apogee Duet interface and I plug my head phones into it, well if you put a 1/8-1/4 adapter on the V-Moda they do not play well.

There fore I have reverted back to my white iPod head phones, until I can afford to purchase some Sennheiser around ears.

7. dwsolberg macrumors 6502a

I must have had bad luck. The first pair I received had a crushed left earpiece, and the second pair shorted out within about 8 months. I have the fancy new Apple headphones, and so far they are more comfortable and better sound insulating than the V-moda's. We'll see how long they last. (I used to think I was very careful, but I've had a number of headphones break.)

8. Jeramii thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry to hear that... :(
    i liked the new apple head phones, they are great for the price from what i heard myself, how do they hold up from wear and tear?.... and for sure a lot better then the old iPod IE ones that were like... $40 or so bucks. those things fell apart and were junk. but yeah... I love my VModas.... more then my boss, which I think are total junk. I loved them at first but, my god they just like to fall apart. The little rubber ear piece can't stay attached for the life of it.. my old iPod IE's did it also.

9. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...so far I've been happy with my JVC HA-FX300-B Bi-metal IE's...

10. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I've had the opposite effect. I've had to have 9 replacements!!! because the the earbuds keeps shorting out. NEVER again will i buy a V-Moda product. In fact i'm about to call Bose to replace my withering leather earcups/headband. I will then add the mobile kit i got off ebay (allows you to answer calls) and use it with my iPhone henceforth

11. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

I got my V-MODA's a little over a year ago, and they are the best headphones ever. I've always loved the extra bass, and the VMODA's deliver! Also, they're customer support is fantastic. When I first ordered them, the box arrived, and when I opened it, it was empty! I called them back, and they said that they were very sorry, and they would send me new ones for free. They arrived by express shipping in 2 days, and they also gave me a free VMODA leather carrying case and more ear pieces! When my current ones die out, I am definently going to buy VMODA again!

12. xxundrclssherox macrumors newbie

V-Moda Headphones

so the customer service is good?
    my right headphone just shorted out and i was contemplating sending it in
    I love these headphones but im really disappointed with the poor design of the straight jack, hopefully they send me new ones with the new headphone jack so i dont get those messed up. i just bought mine in July

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I hear they are fragile and unreliable.

For what you pay, you really should at least consider buying another product, although I'm sure the sound quality of these may be OK.

14. xxundrclssherox macrumors newbie

V-Moda Headphones

actually i already bought them. I love the sound quality, but the straight Jack was a serious design mistake
    hopefully they send me a new pair thats fixed so i dont have to worry about them breaking again

15. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

My friend bought them. They broke two months later when he just used them normally.