V-Moda Vibe Duo: Worth the buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by polarb, Jun 25, 2009.

1. polarb macrumors newbie

Hi all!

My original Apple stereo headset is broken and I am looking to replace it.

I saw that the original ones are $35 (I have the iPhone 3G so I can't buy the in-ear ones...)

But anyways, I was wondering if I should just fork out the money for the upgrade to a better quality headset. Is it worth the 60 upgrade?

I've looked into a lot of them and I narrowed my choice to the V-Moda Vibe Duo.
    I've heard the good and bad about it.
    Good: sound quality, comfort etc.
    Bad: breaks easily, left audio jack gives out fast

But all these reviews were written in late 2008 so I was wondering if V-Moda have fixed these issues and if the ones in the Apple store and the updated ones.

If they are, and if someone has bought them recently, how are they? sturdy? good quality? worth the $100 pricetag?

I also read about the Ultimate Ears headphones but I'm located in Canada so I couldn't find a vendor who sells them...

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The bad is good in a way because they're good with their warranties but overall I have not been 100% pleased with mine. Probably why I think I'm heading to Apple this weekend to get their in-ears.

3. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

If you can, Shure discontinued the white version of their SCL3 headphones ($200 street, great quality) and various websites a while ago were selling them for about $60-70. I got a pair; the audio cable is thick and sturdy, the earphones are quite comfortable and the "plug" part is swappable depending on your preferences. I would recommend them over V-Modas.

EDIT: Just found a pair of SCL2s for $62. Dunno about the seller, but its worth the money.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

Check out

the Altec Lansing UHP326 Backbeat Series $31 discounted originally about $80 bucks at Amazon I love them. Noise suppression. They wrapped in cloth instead of plastic! sounds better then my brothers bose set. the only neg is you get a little friction noise if you listen to music on real low volums. but on the other side they never tangle and I accidentally ran them though the washer and dryer a they came though perfect! :cool:

5. polarb thread starter macrumors newbie

@Jessica, why didn't you like them?

thanks for the other suggestions! but i live in canada, amazon.ca has very limited selection in electronics.

6. three macrumors 6502a

three

Amazon is a great place to purchase headphones for cheap, I got my v-moda bass freq's for around $19. Also the Vibe Duo is a great headphone set, great sounds. :)

7. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

I have 2 pairs of V-Moda and they broke (meaning the right channel always blew out). They do have a nice return policy though, but its a headache to someone who isnt tech savy.

I have used the NuForce headset w/ mic and they are untouchable for the price. They cost me $54 with priority shipping and I HIGHLY recommend them

http://www.amazon.com/NuForce-NE-7M...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1245958657&sr=8-1

Best bang for your buck

8. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

those look nice...microphone for calls...anything like pausing/next song, etc?

9. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

10. yagrax macrumors regular

I had vmoda duo vibe (bought from Apple store) for my iPhone and my wife her's after reading several reviews on the sound quality, etc. They both broke through normal wear and tear very quickly (3 months or so). Internal wiring in the cord on the left side earpiece. I then switched back to the standard Apple iPhone earphones/mic set and found that the vmoda's actually produced a lot less volume at the earpiece.

I'd not buy anything from that vmoda company again. $99x2 down the drain.