v1.1.2 fresh jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by tom., Nov 9, 2007.

1. tom. macrumors 6502

tom.

I purchased my ipod today, and immediately updated to v1.1.2

Can i now jailbreak this?
    If so is there some sort of written walkthrough in terms of adding apps? or the process in general?

I've hacked many things in my time, but im very new to this. :)

Thanks in advance.

2. mattydub macrumors member

Why on earth would you immediately update???? If you have hacked many things you know that with each firmware released, there is less xploits to take advantage of. Had you not upgraded you could have used any of the one click methods to jailbreak through safari. Unfortunately, now you will have to wait until planet being and the rest of the hacking team make it safe to hack. They have already hacked 1.1.2 but I don't think it has been released to the public yet??

3. tom. thread starter macrumors 6502

tom.

I was perfectly aware of what v1.1.2 was all about. I had read up on it, and noticed that v1.1.2 was already rumoured to be sorted. Sorry to have got you so excited...

So i just wait for a jailbreaker realease for v1.1.2?

4. mattydub macrumors member

hahahaha, im not too excited... Just didn't make sense to me why you would upgrade right away??
    The jailbreaker for 1.1.2 is already apparently available, although I don't fully understand it yet. You can however (from what I have read) do a force restore (shift click on restore in itunes) and select to restore to firmware 1.1.1 .... Check the forums for links to the firmware and goodluck!!!!

5. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030