Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrmember

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
Since installing V12 I’m finding too many bugs to mention. I can no longer ‘Copy’ from an article on the Net.

V12 makes the wallpaper ‘move’ all the time, which is making me nauseas, not to mention unsettled.

Is Apple setting us up for political defeat or some such thing?

Things have definitely gone downhill. Becoming more like Android every day.

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
Some wallpapers move, some don’t. Exactly the same as it was on iOS11.
Also there is a setting to reduce motion if it is a problem for you (as it is for me). Again, this is exactly the same as it was on iOS11.

As for copying anything from the web, I have not experienced any problems at all, so I presume it is an issue specific to the website you are trying to copy from.
If you tell us what do you want to copy and where from, I can try at my end and let you know my opinion.
As far as I know and as far as I have experienced, nothing has changed from iOS11.

There might wel be bugs in ios12, but most times it is more useful to ask help with your specific issue instead of immediately blaming the tool.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Since installing V12 I’m finding too many bugs to mention. I can no longer ‘Copy’ from an article on the Net.

V12 makes the wallpaper ‘move’ all the time, which is making me nauseas, not to mention unsettled.

Seems like as far as generalizations go, iOS 12 is more or less the opposite of that (again, in terms of an overall generalization based on what most have said).

mrmember

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
I don’t recall V11 at all. Every time my iPad tells me there’s a new upgrade I do it. But I never experienced the screen ‘moving’ until I installed V12.

Thanks so much for your answer and for helping me. It’s magazine articles I can’t copy from. Any magazine.

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
I don’t recall V11 at all. Every time my iPad tells me there’s a new upgrade I do it. But I never experienced the screen ‘moving’ until I installed V12.

Thanks so much for your answer and for helping me. It’s magazine articles I can’t copy from. Any magazine.

Change the wallpaper to a static one.

Can you name one “magazine” of the ones you have tried and gives you problems?
A link would be useful.

By the way, i just went onto this page:
https://www.nationalgeographic.co.u.../02/cubas-underwater-jewels-are-tourisms-path
Selected the text, copy, paste, no problems at all. So I am not sure what you are trying to do that doesn’t work.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmomega

mrmember

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
Change the wallpaper to a static one.

Can you name one “magazine” of the ones you have tried and gives you problems?
A link would be useful.

By the way, i just went onto this page:
https://www.nationalgeographic.co.u.../02/cubas-underwater-jewels-are-tourisms-path
Selected the text, copy, paste, no problems at all. So I am not sure what you are trying to do that doesn’t work.

You’re right. I could also copy/paste at that site. So...this is prolly a magazine-specific problem. I’ll deal with them on that. Thanks!

Reactions: Wando64

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016

For the wallpaper go to Settings -> Wallpaper then tap what looks like thumbnails of your phone. In the next screen if “Perspective” is highlighted, tap “Still”

Reactions: decafjava

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
I understand what mrmember means. When you update from iOS11 to iOS12, it keeps your wallpaper but changes it to perspective by default - or did on my 2 devices certainly. Change it back to still and it's fine. It's odd that it changed that setting.

Reactions: Feenician

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
How did you know that was going to be my next question? ha

Thanks a bunch! :)

You’re very welcome. It got enabled on my friends phone when she upgraded to iOS 12 recently so it was fresh in my mental “things that annoy some people on iOS” list ;). Never cared much for the feature myself either.

guesswho183

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2018
IOS 11 wallpaper problem and IOS 12 as I can see.
I set custom wallpaper as static and then after restart it is not static and it's zoomed in. You can make it static again if turn to widgets page but it will stay zoomed.
Set your wallpaper and don't restart phone, that is only fix ;)

mrmember

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
Uh-oH... I did the “Set Both” to static and it acted like it was doing it. But it didn’t. It won’t stay static. Anybody know a fix for this bug?

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Uh-oH... I did the “Set Both” to static and it acted like it was doing it. But it didn’t. It won’t stay static. Anybody know a fix for this bug?
I believe there should still be a slight movement but not as much. Reduce Motion is the only way to make it completely still since iOS 7.

mrmember

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
I’m using a picture I shot for my wallpaper. Dynamic and Still have nothing to do with the new motion I’m seeing now. Perspective didn’t either. The photo moves backwards while all the Icons move forward, inducing nausea. Or almost. So it looks like there’s no fix for this after all.

But thanks to everyone who tried to help! :)

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
I’m using a picture I shot for my wallpaper. Dynamic and Still have nothing to do with the new motion I’m seeing now. Perspective didn’t either. The photo moves backwards while all the Icons move forward, inducing nausea. Or almost. So it looks like there’s no fix for this after all.

But thanks to everyone who tried to help! :)

Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Reduce motion -> ON
It will eliminate the effect you are seeing, but also eliminate all of the animations when opening and closing apps (which in my book is a good thing anyway).

mrmember

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Reduce motion -> ON
It will eliminate the effect you are seeing, but also eliminate all of the animations when opening and closing apps (which in my book is a good thing anyway).

Great instructions. And it worked. Thanks! :)

Reactions: iModFrenzy

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014

Try toggling perspective/static on and off a few times. In iOS 11 sometimes it took a couple of tries before it would stay static for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.