v3.0 is ruinning me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trinity, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Trinity macrumors regular

Trinity

Last week I discovered that the only way to turn Edge off in my original iPhone in version 3 is typing mistake in the mobile data configuration. If I turn it off using SBSettings I can't get mail nor browse the web but I have still a mobile data IP address that is doing something all day long. What? I don't know...
    The real problem is if I type incorrectly the mobile data config, the phone doesn't receive calls, drains the battery in few hours and doesn't work properly. A friend of mine with the same version of iPhone and software is having the same problem with another carrier. Nobody else seems to know about the subjet so there's no fix what can I do?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Of course you cannot receive calls, and it drains problems and this isn't a problem, its because you don't have the mobil data config properly configured. You said yourself if that you're entered incorrect data so how do you expect it to receive calls when you misconfigured the device? Its probably continually polling ATT to try to resolve some of the erroneous setting and that's why its draining quickly.

3. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

makes senses to me

4. Stunod7 macrumors member

Stunod7

Almost down right logical if you think about it.