v8 is not helping

Discussion in 'iPod' started by greennano11, Sep 16, 2008.

1. greennano11 macrumors newbie

just plugged in my ipod and i'm having issues with itunes 8 already...i much preferred itunes 7.

i have a CD that itunes has seemed to "seperate" into 2 different categories, with 9 songs on one and 2 on the other (all by the same artist.) is there any way to merge the two? it's annoying to have 2 different recognized albums for the same CD. :confused:

also, is there a way to completely get rid of the genius feature? i just don't like it

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Simply select the total tracks, then "Get Info" and make sure all boxes are checked, then all data should appear together.

Also, simply turn off the Genius, it is in the menus.

TEG

3. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

This is not an iTunes 8 problem. This is a problem with the data that iTunes is downloading. To fix if you will have to editthe info for the song and chafe the picture. Just edit each song to match the other songs with the correct information. This occurs when an artist has the same song on more than one album.

4. greennano11 thread starter macrumors newbie

got it! thanks!

is there a way to get genius off the playlist menu? when i right click it, it says "open" but that's it.