Vaja 15 inch wide Messenger bag for Macbook Pro 15"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Murasame, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Murasame macrumors newbie

Greetings everyone,

I'm thinking of purchasing a Vaja Messenger Bag 15" Wide for my Macbook Pro 15", though I'm almost positive my Macbook is 15.4 inches, I'm wondering if anyone has purchased the bag or can tell me whether my Macbook Pro will fit or not.

2. Murasame thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm so sorry to be asking this again, it's just that I have a limited time left here in the UK (where I'm designing a website for a client) and it's better if I order it here since I can depend on the delivery not messing up.

Even if you don't have experience with the Vaja bags, all I wish to know is whether a 15.4" mbp will fit into a 15" bag decently =)!

3. Bokser Guest

4. Murasame thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, the thing is the Vaja bag I'm interested in comes in the 15" Wide, that one is 15" H... I'm not really that great with dimension to be honest, all I want to know is whether I can fit my Macbook pro 15" in that bag or not :( All I want to know is whether that 0.4 of an inch will make a huge difference or not, because I don't want the mbp stretching the leather on the bag...

Ugh, so confused, yet so in love with the bag!

5. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

I am not sure where the confusion is, from the Apple website:
    15" Macbook Pro
    1 x 14.1 x 9.6 inches (HxWxD)

From the Vaja website, the dimensions are also listed on the website:
    12.2 X 15.3 X 5.1 inches (HxWxD)

Now, I realize that these HxWxD numbers are not the same, but if you think for a second about the perspective used when the bag is described vs the laptop, I am sure you will see that it will fit.

6. Murasame thread starter macrumors newbie

It seems the MBP is not 15.4" after all, thank you for that post, incredibly helpful.

7. Roadking macrumors 6502

It is 15.4"

The size refers to the screen size measured diagonally.

Kind of like when you buy a tv or computer monitor.

8. droffen macrumors newbie

I have the Vaja messanger bag 15" wide and the Vaja classic leather jacket for the macbook pro. Both in black color. It fits tight but perfect.

droffen