Vaja 3G cases up on the site

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Jul 3, 2008.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

looks like they have pics of the 3 g cases. Funny they look the same as the 2 g lol

2. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

I just got the email notifying me of this!

They have the ivolution SP (yay!!!) and TOP, the Retro Slim Bag, and the Pouch.

3. Penguinwrangler macrumors regular

What's the difference between the SP and the TOP, I can't tell.

4. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

Aside from the stripe on the SP, I don't think there's any difference.

5. aubreyjane macrumors newbie

I have owned alot of Vaja cases but never one with a flap on it...how do those who have used this case for the iPhone like it? I looks like it would get in the way or look funny when talking on the phone with a big flap hanging down...I would love to get a Vaja case for my new iPhone but I am not sure about the available designs...any comments would help. TIA!~

6. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

7. julip macrumors member

I have the ivolution SP for the original iPhone, and it has become my favorite case - I plan to order another one for the 3G. I have tried many cases with and without flaps, and most flaps I did find got in my way. The Vaja cases are an exception, and I barely notice it on this one. I usually flip the flap all the around to the back, and since the case is so slim and form fitting, it doesn't feel bulky.

The flap is actually nice to have in situations when you want to keep your screen more private, and of course it provides great protection for the screen (though I also have a Crystal Film screen protector on it). My other Vaja cases had the rivet clip (looks like ultra clip is the only option this time), but for the new one, I am going to order without a clip because I've become accustomed to easily slipping the phone in my front pocket.

Hope that helps!

8. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

I REALLY want to get the Vaja Retro Slim Bag and here are my reasons:

I like using my iPhone bare without a case, but I want to have it protected when it's in my pockets (plus I need some friction with it on the inside of my pocket to prevent it from falling out). With the Retro Slim Bag, I think that would work well. What I don't know, however, is exactly how slim it is. Would it fit in a normal sized pocket with my two sided wallet like my iPhone currently does without the pocket looking abnormally large?

EDIT: I also want to say that I HIGHLY recommend Vaja cases. I've owned several in the past, and while they are expensive, the craftsmanship is absolutely unparallelled.

9. iBookfan macrumors 6502

iBookfan

I want exactly the same thing as a case... I also have an eye on the "Foofpod" - not made by Vaja but half the cost and the same idea of a sleeve...

10. julip macrumors member

The Retro Slim Bag looks like a great choice! I have only had their flip-style cases, so I'm not sure how much more depth the bags would add compared to the cases, if any. It might add slightly more to allow for easy phone removal. I'm sure Vaja could provide the dimensions if you contacted them. I can tell you that the ivolution case on my classic iPhone adds approximately 5.9mm to the depth. Maybe try both your phone, wallet, and something else to add a little depth (like some folded up tissues) in your pocket to see if it is too bulky.

I agree completely about Vaja's craftsmanship.

11. minik macrumors 65816

I'm debating between the Slim Bag or those with a flap or wait for more sections. I really like the slim bag, but when the only way to look at the screen is to remove the iPhone completely. It needs 2 hands to operate.