Vaja are having a laugh.........

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dlanod, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

Like many people on this forum I've been waiting for a Vaja Black case since July and I see that Cases.com have stock and Vaja are now showing shipping in 2 days. And still I wait.

What a joke. I think I'll be asking my credit card company for a refund and Vaja can stuff their gimmicky 45 days hand made case.

Take care with Vaja people.

2. walds11 macrumors 6502a

They are having a laugh holding onto our money. :mad: I ordered the Grip and that's not available on cases.com. Probably soon though. Latest status on my Grip order is mid-September, which is still around the 45 day time frame. I am annoyed as well. It's been so long, that I am not sure if I want to keep it.

Are you going to file a dispute with the credit card company? I will file a dispute if I don't receive it within a reasonable time after the 45 day mark.

3. Dlanod thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes I will be filing a dispute with my credit card company. Vaja are trying to have their cake and eat it. They dupe retail buyers into waiting while they meet the needs of their large distributors. I will be going with Piel Frama who know what treating customers fairly is about.

I buy a lot a gadget cases and this is my first, and last Vaja transaction. Don't worry, they'll get their reward in time when customers vote with their feet.

4. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I've about had it with Vaja. I wonder if I should file the credit card dispute now or wait? It has not been 45 days yet.

5. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Looks like not much has changed. I bought one for my 2G iPhone (a few months after it came out).....same time delay after charging my CC (which is actually a violation of the TOS of most credit card companies by the way).

I called for a status update at 3 weeks (which is what they quoted for delivery back then) and the customer service rep was most rude. Then, they changed the delivery to 45 days on their website a day or two after I called, and I waited out the entire 45 days.

Never bought another thing from them.

6. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Technically, your credit card should not be charged until the item has shipped, correct? Hmm, that is my "out" to bag this whole deal.

7. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Yes, that's what I was talking about in my post above.

TOS of both MasterCard and Visa are such that the product is supposed to be 'delivered' (or shipped) at the same time the card is charged.

Some online places do this correctly (amazon & apple, for example) in that you can place the order for something like a pre-release movie/book/other product, but they don't charge your card until it ships.

8. walds11 macrumors 6502a

F Vaja, I am going to file a dispute right now.

9. thetoness macrumors member

My order for a black grip was confirmed July20th. Wrote them 10 days ago and they said "its in the last stage of production and I would receive a tracking number when it was shipped." Didnt hear from them and sent them another email 4 days ago and I still havent heard from them. They are the worst; they have lost me. I am done with Vaja forever.

10. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Should I file the dispute now or wait till it has been 45 days? Order placed 7/29, credit card charged 8/4. The handicraft process for the Grip that I ordered is 45 days (note: now down to 35 days). Even though it is violation of the TOS of most credit card companies (mine is a Capital One Visa), does this matter...

According to Vaja's FAQ...

11. When is my order charged?

Custom orders are charged within one business day after it was placed. The reason we charge credit cards before starting handicraft process, is that custom cases are produced specially following your requirements, pertaining exclusively made to you and no one else.

11. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

You should have known that wait times are very long. You will get your stuff soon enough. If you don't have patience then you should not order from them.

12. thetoness macrumors member

Actually, I did have patience for the 45 days Vaja quoted. However, it is now 48 days and I have heard nothing from them. If the case was to be delayed past the 45 days originally quoted then an email, in response to my email, would have been appropriate. It is Vaja's customer service that has failed not my patience.

13. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

A-If you want to go ahead and file the dispute, it's your decision.

The TOS from MasterCard/VISA is not flexible, no matter what someone or company puts on their website or contract. I have a VISA/MasterCard merchant account (12 plus years now). I have read the contract, and talked with my merchant account representatives in person on this very matter.....in my case, it was a long time ago on Wedding Photography 'deposits' (or however you want to word it). The bottom line, from their (VISA/MasterCard's) perspective, a merchant account holder is not to charge a customer's card unless a product is delivered (as in person like at a retail store) and/or shipped (as in online retailers). Paypal is entirely different, by the way....

Yes, this is true. I waited mine out, loved it. But the customer service was what made the experience such that they never got another penny from me. HOWEVER, this doesn't change the facts surrounding the TOS from how to handle a transaction with a customer's VISA/MasterCard.

14. thetonyclifton macrumors regular

Are you sure that would apply to customised bespoke items like a vaja? I doubt it, once they begin production is more likely.

15. random person macrumors 6502a

Yes I've been pretty much done with vaja afteer my first order with them where they were late in shipping and then the item was held in customs for more than two weeks. I love their cases but don't answer emails and sit on orders for months. The best way to get one is to buy one from someone who has received theirs and no longer wants it!

Piel frama, on the other hand, is a whole different beast. They answer emails with great courtesy and depth within hours of receving them, they deliver product within ten to twenty days, and their product is of significantly higher quality. Their customer service alone is the reason to choose them over vaja!

16. molala macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure about Visa/MC, but Amex only files a dispute on your behalf within 90 days of the transaction date. Something else to keep in mind.

17. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

I have read my Merchant Account agreement both for MasterCard and Visa. I've also talked with customer support reps on this exact subject. They say, and have in writing, that it is not an authorized charge for a product or service unless it is either delivered (i.e. handed to) a customer at the time of card authorization, or physically shipped to the customer at the time of card authorization. This, in what they say, does not cover any type of deposit for 'future delivery of a product or service' (in my case, a wedding deposit to hold a date to photograph a wedding). While it wasn't a case of mine, court proceedings have been done on this type of TOS violations against unscrupulous photographers.

So, again, UNLESS Vaja has a specific exception written into their merchant account TOS (which is highly unlikely, as even Amazon.com can't get it in their merchant account TOS) with EACH of the credit cards they accept, then charging a customer's CC before production or shipment is a violation of the merchant account TOS.

I'm no lawyer, so feel free to contemplate or banter on this all you want. Here is the text on most MasterCard and VISA merchant accounts.

11.1 For each Card transaction submitted to us, you warrant the following: (a) it is a lawful sale/rental not previously submitted and is only for the items sold or rented (including taxes, but without any surcharge); (b) it represents an obligation of the Cardholder for the transaction amount; (c) it is not an amount charged subject to any dispute, set-off or counterclaim; (d) it is for merchandise or service actually delivered or performed at the same time you accepted and submitted the Card for processing (except for any delayed delivery or advance deposit transactions expressly authorized by this Merchant Agreement); (e) it is not the refinancing of an existing obligation of the Cardholder or arising from the dishonor of a personal check; (f) that you have no knowledge or notice that the transaction is improper, fraudulent or unauthorized; (g) that the transaction is between you and the Cardholder; and (h) the transaction is made in accordance with this Merchant Agreement, the Operating Procedures and Association Rules.

18. calb macrumors 6502

That completely depends on the construction and whether Vaja's process can be considered a service. I'm only familiar with UK contract law and have not delved much into credit card transactions, but I could understand if Vaja's custom process counts as a service and the stipulated 45 days is a condition of the contract.

19. thetonyclifton macrumors regular

20. Dlanod thread starter macrumors 6502a

Filed my dispute today. 55 days with my cash is taking the mickey.

21. noneother macrumors member

Order my black n blue ivolution on august second. Should be here this week.

22. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I ordered mine on 7/29, so I hit the 45 day mark. No case yet. Or no email either. I plan on filing a dispute within the next few days.

23. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

You all need to relax. My iPad cases, which cost double an iPhone case, took 91 days from order. At the time of order the estimated wait was only 45 days.

All I can say is, yeah I got antsy and pretty worked up but the day it finally arrived and I opened the box I totally understood and it was worth every second of the wait.

As I sit here and type this the smell of high quality leather it fill my nose and brings a smile to my face.

24. simple20 macrumors regular

I do enough stupid things with my money, but some of those case prices are ridiculous.

Plus, it takes about 7 weeks to custom order a car. At those prices, they need to hire an extra dude to help make those cases. That wait, 95 freakin days??? Are you kidding me??? Bat- ****- ridiculous.

25. Dlanod thread starter macrumors 6502a

Contacted Vaja again as a last resort to be told that my case will be sent within 48 hours. Hmmm. We'll see.