Vaja case for IP4 - anyone ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by CHSeifert, Jun 3, 2011.

1. CHSeifert macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

I'm thinking about getting a custom designed case for my ip4.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thinking either I will get a green or a blue striped case from Vaja.

Anyone has bought and custom designed their Vaja case for ip4 ?

www.vajacases.com

2. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

I am currently in the process of reviewing one of their cases. They have some of the highest leather quality and cool cases I have tested.

3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I say go for it if you're into luxurious leather. I recommend the Floater leather instead of the flat.

4. CHSeifert, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011

CHSeifert thread starter macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

Whats the difference ?
    Floater leather ??

Which one looks nicer of the two - blueish or greenish :)

5. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Why would anyone want that design? It looks like a huge PITA to open and use your phone.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I had one for an earlier model and found the lip that goes over the bottom of the phone that locks the flap in place wears out fairly quickly. It did not last a year before the leather was worn off that area and the stripes came off.

7. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

SGP makes something similar. I wouldn't spend that much money on that particular model as the leather does tend to rub off where the leather clicks in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

It is. Terrible design that they just keep pumping out since it used to sell to PDA users years ago.

9. RA19 macrumors regular

i picked up a very nice new, unwanted Vaja for my iphone 4 on ebay for around 45 bucks (£30). It's a royal blue leather with a white stripe down the middle and the interior is all white. It fits the phone very well indeed. I've added a white carbon fiber sticker, front & back (juststickitskins.com) & the phone still slides nicely into the case. I like the fact that you can cover the screen at all times, especially in your pockets. It folds back well so that you can use it with one hand for calls, internet use etc.
    Some folks may not like the fact that the case has a section cut out of the back, which completely exposes the camera at the top left. I'm pretty careful with my phones so not a big issue for me.
    As mentioned above, the white leather has become quite dirty where it clips over the top of the phone when you close the flap. It looks as if it's picked up grease from the top metal band of the phone itself.
    Really nice case; feels quality and well finished. I wouldn't pay the full price for a new one (YMMV), but for the price I got mine I'm very pleased

10. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I don't like neither of them. The Floater leather is Vaja's pebble textured leather. When you go to customize your case, it will say what type of leather it is.