Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Anyone purchase or seen this case before? I'm looking for a leather pouch-type case for iPhone 3G but am a little hesitant because of the price.

You can find it here.

Thanks!

offcamber

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
USA
There's no doubt that the Vaja pouch is a quality product and looks killer.
There are three things to consider.
  1. Protection
  2. Bulk
  3. Price
The Vaja pouch is on the thick side but it will protect well and we know it's not cheap.

The Slim Sena pouch is thin and fits nicely in your pocket but will not protect as well if dropped.
It also costs less.
Use code PCWIPNK11 at the Sena website to get 20% off.
I know of no discounts on Vaja products.

I ordered the Sena Slim as I want something that fits better in my pocket.

polarb

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2008
i got the sena elega. its a nice leather pouch but not as tight fitting as the slim one.

im just waiting for it to get to me in the mail!

queshy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
There's no doubt that the Vaja pouch is a quality product and looks killer.
There are three things to consider.
  1. Protection
  2. Bulk
  3. Price
The Vaja pouch is on the thick side but it will protect well and we know it's not cheap.

The Slim Sena pouch is thin and fits nicely in your pocket but will not protect as well if dropped.
It also costs less.
Use code PCWIPNK11 at the Sena website to get 20% off.
I know of no discounts on Vaja products.

I ordered the Sena Slim as I want something that fits better in my pocket.

Thanks for the reply!

What makes you think the vaja is bulky? In fact, I was interested in it because it appears to be not bulky at all. I could be wrong, I've never seen one.

The Sena looks nice but apparently it's "US only". :(

offcamber

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
USA
What makes you think the vaja is bulky?

The Vaja leather and lining is thicker and not as flexible thus a bit bulky but better protection if compared to Sena Slim.

I don't think you can go wrong with Vaja as they are one of the best!

queshy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
The Vaja leather and lining is thicker and not as flexible thus a bit bulky but better protection if compared to Sena Slim.

I don't think you can go wrong with Vaja as they are one of the best!

Hmm, I don't want it to be too bulky. Based on the pictures from the website it looks OK but you never know. I don't want this to be a $60 experiment, lol.

offcamber

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
USA
I guess the Sena Slim is a no go outside the US. Try to find something like it and you may be more satisfied.
eBay has some Sena cases. Try there.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
I just got this Vaja pouch about 2 weeks or so ago. I do not like it at all so im selling it... I rather a case with a clip and something more easy to remove the phone from.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
Hmm, I don't want it to be too bulky. Based on the pictures from the website it looks OK but you never know. I don't want this to be a $60 experiment, lol.

I'm ordering this case tonight. I just can't decide what color to order it in...

It does say ultra slim, so I think it will fit in a pocket without too much added bulk. Without doubt, however, the Sena case will be slimmer. It is FAR too tight though, I used it at the Apple Store for my iPhone 3G. I know it stretches out a bit, but this was ungodly tight.

Besides, I've had two Vaja cases in the past and everything else now seems cheap to me, even Sena. Vaja absolutely makes the best cases you can get for under 500 dollars. The leather is outstanding and they have wonderful customer service.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
I just got this Vaja pouch about 2 weeks or so ago. I do not like it at all so im selling it... I rather a case with a clip and something more easy to remove the phone from.

Didn't you know that it didn't have a clip on it before buying it? Also, howcome it is so hard to remove the phone from? Is it too tight?

I'm ordering this case tonight. I just can't decide what color to order it in...

It does say ultra slim, so I think it will fit in a pocket without too much added bulk. Without doubt, however, the Sena case will be slimmer. It is FAR too tight though, I used it at the Apple Store for my iPhone 3G. I know it stretches out a bit, but this was ungodly tight.

Besides, I've had two Vaja cases in the past and everything else now seems cheap to me, even Sena. Vaja absolutely makes the best cases you can get for under 500 dollars. The leather is outstanding and they have wonderful customer service.

I'm gonna go with black (+black stripe). The iPhone doesn't need any colors!

The bulk really concerns me - but if you look in the pictures it looks pretty reasonable. Also, what kind of leather are you getting? The description of the difference between the two choices is hard to understand - it appears to be "cracked" vs. "uncracked" - is that the only difference?

automatickyle

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2007
Montana
Those look great, but are just as expensive as the Vaja. Would you go with this one? Looks like they ship international too!

It's actually cheaper if you get the slimline. Either way I have a 20% code for these cases that works and will give to anyone that wants one. I am going to go for a slimline.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
I'm gonna go with black (+black stripe). The iPhone doesn't need any colors!

I think I'm gonna go with a dark tan and dark tan stripe. Good choice on the black though, I just can't decide.

The description of the difference between the two choices is hard to understand - it appears to be "cracked" vs. "uncracked" - is that the only difference?

I believe so. I'm going to spend the extra $6 for the cracked leather.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
I believe so. I'm going to spend the extra $6 for the cracked leather.

Good choice on the color. I was thinking that although the cracked leather is nice, it might feel "harder" and thus more "bulky". Ugh, I wish they had a little store at which I can test them out haha

Update:

Just ordered the case, black on black, soft aniline leather. They nail you with shipping - $17!!!

Now the waiting process begins...If it ever ships I'll post pictures for all!

OasisNYK

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2004
I ordered 2 and got them today - posted review with pics. Not bulky but definitely tight, I hope it loosens up otherwise I wont keep it. Outside of that its a great case.

OasisNYK

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2004
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/533694/

It looks better than those pictures - those were taken with the iPhone so you cant see any of the cracked leather detail and the colors are off. It is a great case, and if you are looking for something to cover it and then pull it out of I think this is about as good as it gets. Some of the other posters seem to think it is an ugly case but their choices seem ugly to me as well so if you like the looks I say go for it.

TilJ

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2007
I love the looks and the simple sleeve design ... did it ever end up loosening up a bit? I'm concerned about the "tightness" you mentioned.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
after day 1 - case still hard to get in and out of, but it's way better now than earlier this morning! It goes in OK, but it's hard to take out.

BTW for those wondering, this case gives pretty well 0 bulk to the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.