Vaja dockable vs Sena dockable?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by schubes, Jul 30, 2008.

1. schubes macrumors regular

schubes

Looking for a leather, dockable case with an over-the-top flip cover for the screen.

Found the Sena dockable (pre-order) and the Vaja dockable (at this point for original iphone only)

Main differences seem to be price (vaja twice the cost) and sena a flap with a snap/button on it that looks like it could be bothersome. The Vaja uses a magnet to hold the flap down, but from what I understand, Apple recommends not to use magnets in iPhone cases. So maybe a snap is the only way.

Anyone else in the market for these/have one already? Other comments?

2. schubes thread starter macrumors regular

schubes

C'mon - somebody else must be into these types of cases...:eek:

3. Lenow macrumors regular

Returned Sena 3g Case

First, I admit to being a long time Vaja fan, but I haven't ordered the new ivolution for 3G quite yet. I did just return the SEna case in tan leather, not because there was anything wrong, but it just didn't feel or look as good as any Vaja case I have owned in the past. The stiff backing feels clunky and the stiching along the sides along the face of the iphone do not fit very well and feel a little cheap, almost like the case can't handle the depth of the 3g design. I also am not a big fan of the ratchet clip that Sena uses, but that is really just a personal preference. I am waitng for the new EB Cases Novo case for the 3g. It has a removable front flap and a unique belt clip. I will chime in when that arrives. I have tried convincing Vaja to continue offering the rivet clip, my favorite of all time, but alas, they said no. I will likely end up with a Vaja ivolution, because they are just so beautifully made, but I am going to try th EB Case first. My girlfriend has the SEna Flip case for the orginal iPHone and loves it, so, take what I say with a grain of salt.