Vaja Grip for 6 Plus w/ Pics

skyyblue

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2009
Great looking case! how long have you waited?
How does it compare to the apple leather case, size and grip wise?

jackwins

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Great looking case! how long have you waited?
How does it compare to the apple leather case, size and grip wise?
I waited a little more than a month, so that 25 business day estimate is pretty precise. Compared to the Apple case its a bit thicker, meaning the Vaja case uses a thicker leather, which I like more. Better grip in my hands. Another difference is the Vaja has the open passages for the volume buttons & mute switch, along with the sleep/wake button. Also, the top is halfway exposed on the Vaja case as well. The bottom on the case is open, like the Apple case.

Another thing to note is that the sides of the case don't come up as much on the Vaja as it does with the Apple case. I have the space gray iPhone, and the Vaja only comes up to where the black glass (of the phone) meets the gray sides. (I hope that made sense.) Meaning very little, if any at all, lay on the table protection. Which I don't mind at all because I never lay my iPhone on its face.

All in all, I LOVE this Vaja case. I may be a bit bias, because I have been a Vaja case wearer since the 3GS days. I just ordered the Vaja Agenda Wallet case. That one is a 30 business day wait :(

Last edited:

enzo thecat

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
Midwest USA
Gorgeous. May I ask, what is the purpose of the 2 different colors & textures, merely esthetics? I have several Vaja cases coming, one of which is an Agenda Wallet too!

jackwins

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Gorgeous. May I ask, what is the purpose of the 2 different colors & textures, merely esthetics? I have several Vaja cases coming, one of which is an Agenda Wallet too!

I chose 2 different colors because I wanted it to stand out. I could have chosen the single color Grip but I thought it was too boring.

enzo thecat

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
Midwest USA
I chose 2 different colors because I wanted it to stand out. I could have chosen the single color Grip but I thought it was too boring.
I think you made a great choice. I chose to be boring. Yours is very cool...it will probably never feel ordinary. I may step up to one of those eventually.

mgb1120

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
I went with the Grip LP as well like yours and did split colors, did pewter grey and black! Should look great with a space grey plus.

Last edited:

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I like Vaja as a brand and have been a fan for a while but what I don't like about their 6 and 6 Plus cases is how much of the phone is exposed. They also look like they add too much bulk which in the case of the 6 Plus in particular is not good in my opinion.