Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moze

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
NY
I ordered my Vaja iPhone case (holster) on the 12th and was informed that it would take 25 days plus another 5ish for shipping.

It has been 13 days and I just received an e-mail w/ a fedex tracking number... It will be here in 2 days! I'll post back here with lots of pics and a review once it comes in...

Here's the one I ordered:
mine1.jpg

mine2.jpg

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
I ordered my Vaja iPhone case (holster) on the 12th and was informed that it would take 25 days plus another 5ish for shipping.

It has been 13 days and I just received an e-mail w/ a fedex tracking number... It will be here in 2 days! I'll post back here with lots of pics and a review once it comes in...

Vaja makes really lice cases, good luck :D

hh83917

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2005
Nice, please post review when you do receive it! :)
I am looking forward to order one too if it's a good case, thanks!

minimalist

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2007
Please let us know how it works.

I am considering one of these as well.

I currently have a leather over hard plastic Case Mate holster that is very similar to the Vaja (albeit the Vaja is a lot sleeker). It works pretty well but with use the case is not as snug around th eiPhone as it once was allowign the phone to slid eout a bit in your pocket. The Vaja looks like it might have the same problem.

The main drawback to the Case Mate that the Vaja looks like it will fix is an intrusive bevel around the edges of the screen which makes it virtually extremely difficult to reach the Q and the P on the iPhone keyboard wihout taking the case off.

minimalist

Moze

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
NY
Unfortunately, Fedex lied to me and there has been a 1 business day delay. Looks like it'll be Monday.

Ship date
Jul 25, 2007

Estimated delivery
Jul 30, 2007 by 10:30 AM

Service type
Priority Pak

Weight
0.2 kgs.

Status
Clearance in progress

Date/Time Activity
Jul 26, 2007 7:41 PM Clearance in progress

Details
7:41 PM
At local FedEx facility
BUENOS AIRES AR

10:14 AM
Left origin
BUENOS AIRES AR

Jul 25, 2007 9:05 PM
Picked up
BUENOS AIRES AR
Package received after FedEx cutoff

3:50 PM
Package data transmitted to FedEx

andrewjnyc

macrumors member
May 16, 2006
Moze, your case and mine must have been on the same truck (and must now be on the same plane)--our tracking reports are 100% identical. I ordered the black one, no clip. It'll be waiting for me at the office when I get there tomorrow, and I can't wait to check it out!

Moze

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
NY
Moze, your case and mine must have been on the same truck (and must now be on the same plane)--our tracking reports are 100% identical. I ordered the black one, no clip. It'll be waiting for me at the office when I get there tomorrow, and I can't wait to check it out!

As of Friday, it was still not even in the US... I wondered how they planned on getting it to me by Monday @ 10:30am... It seems its still in transit, even on Sunday. Cool.

andrewjnyc

macrumors member
May 16, 2006
As of Friday, it was still not even in the US... I wondered how they planned on getting it to me by Monday @ 10:30am... It seems its still in transit, even on Sunday. Cool.

Mine's in the country--I just checked, and it arrived at FedEx central in Memphis this morning.

damado

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2006
Can you put it in that case forwards and backwards?

I have the griffin version of that style and have it "glass-out" when at home (so I don't have to remove it to use it), but flip it to "glass-in" when I'm out and about in case I bump it against anything.

Also, I wonder if the vaja one will work with invisibleshield..the griffin one won't. Well it works with the screen part on, but not the wrap around for the body...it won't slide in.

Edit: lol oops meant to edit, but I hit the quote button instead...multitasking...

Moze

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
NY
Its here!!! Unfortunately, my camera battery is dead and I need to run to class... Unboxing pics in an hour or so.

andrewjnyc

macrumors member
May 16, 2006
Mine's here, and me likey--but it's probably not for everybody. It's really light, yet it also increases the heft of the phone regardless, perhaps more than some people would like. The bottom covers a small portion--a little less than 1/4--of each of the two speaker grilles, but it doesn't look as if it'll block sound too much if at all. I have a BSE skin on the sides and back (with a Power Support film on the screen, and the skin makes for an extremely tight fit that means the holster is very difficult to remove--when I took the phone out of the holster, there was a peeling sound, kind of like velcro or skin bound to a car seat by sweat on a really hot day. Since I like using cradles for syncing and charging, I may very well remove the BSE so I can more easily remove the phone from the holster. This is my first-ever Vaja product, and I'm super-impressed by the build quality. It's definitely worth the price from a craftsmanship POV...

Moze

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
NY
So how does it work? you slide it in from the top or snap it in from side to side?

It slides in from the top. Since it is fitted leather, it is definitely not going anywhere. Fits very snug and I have to struggle to pull it out.

minimalist

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2007
what color is that?

I am considering "Bleu" which looks a bit blue green at the site. Thatt one is a nice bright blue.

hh83917

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2005
Great pictures! Thank you for posting. :) If you don't mind, can I get a front view picture? Just want to see how much bulk it will add to the phone. I'm thinking about getting a brown one for myself. Also, will the case get in your way when you are typing? Like blocking the P ang the Q on the keyboard?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.