Vaja iPad Messenger Bag Question

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by HerculesD, Aug 7, 2011.

1. HerculesD macrumors newbie

Hi!

I've been looking at the Vaja iPad Messenger Bag for some time now. I think it's extremely sharp looking and I've got no qualms with the murse/man bag thing. The price plus shipping is close to $300 though!!

I've found the same bag on eBay right now from a reputable vendor with a pretty decent Buy-it-Now and free shipping. Any thoughts before I seal the deal? It looks like Vaja has a pretty big following on this forum.

-HerculesD

2. saniko macrumors member

I've had it for a few months now and I love it. At first, I thought it looked feminine but then I got used to it. It's very utilitarian, light, and well thought out.

The leather is terrific and it's pretty durable. It has significantly more room than I thought it would. When I travel, I carry a stand in the inner pocket along with my iPad and a regular notebook. On the zippered pocket, I have room for my Passport and travel documentation. I've been using the main outer pocket for my headphones (JH Audio 16s) and sometimes the charger. The small pocket can be used for tiny items that can get lost like change, keys, USB drives, or my watch when I go through security.

I have a Timbuktu strap camera case that I usually use on the large shoulder strap to carry my point and shoot camera. On some occasions, I keep a small netbook instead of my iPad in the bag and it works out great. I know that if I switch to any other 10 inch tablet or to a future iPad, this case will still be ideal.

The seller is nuts for selling it at that price. I paid $280 plus $64 in shipping for mine. Go for it... you could probably resell at a higher price than that. Vaja is the freaking Apple of the leather cases world.