Vaja Ivolution Case and Rivet Clip

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Lenow, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Lenow macrumors member

I finally got my Vaja ivolution case with the rivet clip. I am disappointed. The rivet clip is very hard to release with one hand. The whole point of the belt clip concept is to have easy and quick access to your phone. I am not a complete klutz, but I can't figure out how to release the phone with one hand, without a good deal of effort, because of the placement of the quick release button. Has anyone else figured out a better way?

Oh yeah, the ivoluton case is lovely, althought it feels like it doesn't give much protection to the phone.

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i think it just takes some getting used to, and i think the clip breaks in a little too over time. i usually keep my phone on my right side hooked into my pants pocket (geek alert!). since i'm right handed, my thumb is perfectly placed to press the button down fully as i use my other fingers to grab the case and slide it down to release it from the clip. that being said, the rivet clip on the case (which i bought used on ebay) i had for a blackberry 8700 was the easiest for me to release. i still don't get a release on the first try every time with my iphone case.

3. ParishM macrumors regular

ParishM

lots of other options for the clip, i use the Hook Plate every day !

http://www.rivetnow.com/index.php?file=component&icomponent_id=1

P....

4. Lenow thread starter macrumors member

After a Week, I like the rivet clip

Thanks for your suggestions. I have used the rivet clip for a week now, and I am getting used to it. It is really well made, very solid and secure. The hardest thing is releasing the phone while sitting in the car. But, all in all, the Vaja case is so well made and the clip so light, I have decided to keep it.

5. mike000 macrumors member

Has anyone tried the normal i-volution iphone case? Its the one that appears on the front page of the site in orange.

http://www.vajacases.com

6. 7racer macrumors regular

not that I have seen on searching the net.

In regards to the rivet...

that doesn't seem to be an option anymore on there cases?!?! Strange.

7. Captnroger macrumors regular

that's because the rivet can't hold the phone completely horizontal without having the phone fall a bit.