Vaja Ivolution Top SP for iPhone 4 w/comparison

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bitgod, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Bitgod macrumors regular

Bitgod

So I received my Ivo Top SP today, ordered 7/21 I believe it was. It's a nautical blue case with black stripe, as opposed to the black case with dark blue stripe I had on my Ivo Top SP for my iPhone 3G. Here's some pics, click for larger versions of the pics...

So here's the rainbow Vaja box, a little rainbow Apple-ish?
    [​IMG]

And inside is the goods
    [​IMG]

Here's the outside and inside of the case...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up is some comparison photos of the 4 vs the 3G...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a closeup of the camera area. I don't think they mentioned this feature, that they trim the area in black, I assume to be less reflective of the flash. I also assume that's why the cutout is a bit wider for the iphone 4. Of course, the black trim may be because of my color choice more than anything, will it be black if you choose a white stripe on an orange case??
    [​IMG]

Here's a few closeups of the front of the cases to show you the grain. The 3G is definitely a lot smoother than the i4.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So obviously I haven't used it much left. Being "grainier" is taking a little getting used to, but no biggie. The front also doesn't close as well, but I'm guessing that's just stiffness at this point. It's surprising how thin it is, but comparing the front of the 2 cases, the front part is pretty much the same thickness. I think the 3G is a little thicker in the body, and you can see in the pics it's not as flat.

It's the same security as the 3G case, it feels. Easy to slide in, tight enough to not slide out. I never had my 3G get loose.

Anyway, I'm just happy to have my new Vaja case and have it join my striped family.
    [​IMG]

2. TLewis macrumors 65816

Very nice. :D

I've got the same case (but different color combo) for my 3GS, and the new case appears to be, oh, a bit more than 10% thicker. I don't think I like that metal plate on the back, though.