Vaja ivolution Top SP Pics

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by billyripkin, Sep 12, 2007.

1. billyripkin macrumors 6502

billyripkin

After waiting 3 weeks I got my ivolution case and I am so excited I thought I would share some photos for anyone thinking about getting one. The leather seems to be nice quality and the case is very durable. Plus the shipping from Argentina took only a couple days by Fedex. Now my iPhone is officially protected!:cool:

Attached Files:

2. billyripkin thread starter macrumors 6502

billyripkin

Here are a couple more photos

Attached Files:

3. JavierDiaz4 macrumors member

Very nice, I'm checking out the site. Thanks for the great pics. I'll see if I can come up with 80 bucks to get my wife a case. Probably it'll end up being 160, hint hint.

4. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Gorgeous pics! I love the color combo you used.

Here's a question that I haven't seen addressed anywhere: Does the front flap fold all the way back when you are using it or do you have to let it hang off the bottom? Just curious from a useability standpoint.

5. billyripkin thread starter macrumors 6502

billyripkin

6. linshiwen macrumors member

I go nude myself, and I typically look askance at those who take their beautiful slim devices and encase them in gaudy or downright ugly skin, making them as thick as a zune to boot!

That being said, that looks like a damn nice case. I think I will consider buying one (after hearing from the iWood purchasers first, that is!)

7. billyripkin thread starter macrumors 6502

billyripkin

By the way I forgot the mention that the shipping info on the package said it cost them $38 to ship the package to me by Fedex so figure that into the cost which for me was $97 total.

8. ddarko macrumors 6502

I also got the Vaja Top SP case today. It's very nice but I didn't realize the latch at the top was so tight and stiff. I'm afraid that over time, the latch will gradually scratch the metal portion of the iPhone. Can anyone who has had this case for a while share their experience with the latch?

9. billyripkin thread starter macrumors 6502

billyripkin

After looking at mine I dont think it could scratch the phone because it is leather rubbing against the phone.

Do you have pics of yours you could share?

10. ddarko macrumors 6502

I'm just thinking that even though the leather is soft, if it's stiff enough, it can still scratch, like the way the incase rubber case scratches the metal (which it did to my phone).

Here are some pics.

Attached Files:

11. 7racer macrumors regular

nice cases!!! looks awesome!

is the case fit too tight to slip the iPhone out on a daily basis?

12. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

awesome cases, I just wish they weren't so expensive. And if they were so expensive I wish they didn't take so long to ship. I understand its custom and all that, and they look fantastic, I'm just an impatient guy, what can I say :D

13. ddarko macrumors 6502

Well, I've only had it for a day but it seems like it will be fine. It is a very tight fit, which is good, and it does take some muscle to get slip it out of the case. But I'm discovering that with repeated use, the case become more pliant and malleable. Even now, my concern about the latch scratching the phone is going away because after just a couple times opening and closing the front flap, the latch is less stiff. Still firm so the flap won't fall down but not so hard as to worry me anymore. I think the same will happen with the rest of the case as I slide the phone in and out.

The time isn't because of customs. They mailed my case via Fedex on Friday and I got it on Wednesday (I was supposed to get it Monday but it just missed the Fedex cutoff time). The delay is due to the actual manufacturing of the case. In my case, when I ordered, I was quoted 25 days. But then a couple days later, I checked the site and it said 10 days for new orders. After two weeks, I asked them why my order wasn't ready since they're quoting new orders would be ready in 10. I kind of threatened to cancel my order and they "rushed" my order to completion. I really don't know what happened, whether the 10 days for new order is true or if 25 days is more accurate.

14. 7racer macrumors regular

15. ddarko macrumors 6502

What color or colors did you pick? The solid or with the strip? BTW, although the phone in the case won't fit in the dock, you can flip down the front and insert the plug into the bottom connector, thereby eliminating the need to remove the phone from the case each time you recharge or sync.

16. 7racer macrumors regular

I got black with a purple strip ala Ted Baker kinda look.

Hope it turns out ok.

17. willsterstyle macrumors newbie

quick question...

what color combo did you use?
    Provincial Blue and White?

I'm interested in the Dark Blue but haven't seen any real pictures of it yet. Anybody?

18. Drile macrumors member

I would be surprised if it doesn't.

I have yet to be dissapointed by a Vaja case. They sure make you pay for it, but they don't dissapoint.

19. patrickj macrumors regular

Great pics. I have also just got one of these and it like it tons!

20. wangchunggti337 macrumors regular

wangchunggti337

Post some pics :)

21. 7racer macrumors regular

Here is a pic of mine.

I do like it alot...but does it appear that the stripe is misaligned? That is at the top of the flap it looks like it leans left??

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

22. asc88 macrumors newbie

so all u guys who have already bought this case.....do u really think its worth the extra bucks?? im searching for a case right now...n these vaja ones really look nice..but i'm still trying to justify if they r really worth it??

Any help plz??

23. Rxiesling macrumors newbie

Vaja shipping & handling charge to US?

Do you mean they charge $38 for S&H? I'm about to place my order, but cannot make up my mind between iVolution Top ($70+) and Special Edition ($100+). But if the shipping & handling charge was that high, I would have to go for cheaper iVolution Top.
    Thank you. I cannot find actual shipping & handling charge (to MA in US in my case) from their website before I place the order.

24. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

vaja charged me $17 for shipping for the each of the last 2 iphone cases i purchased last july and august. i'm also in massachusetts.

25. Rxiesling macrumors newbie

Thank you very much. Now the math turns out right $97-$80 = $17. :)