Vaja ivolution top vs. SGP vintage leather case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by tikidoc, May 17, 2010.

1. tikidoc macrumors regular

tikidoc

I really like the design of these two cases, and I understand both are well made by reputable companies. I am considering both and would like input from anyone who has used the Vaja, and since the SGP is not out yet, maybe those who have the ipod version of the same case?

I like the customization available with the Vaja but I'm not sure I like the idea of a 2 part case. Plus it costs quite a bit more. Also, I worry a bit about the colors being true to what I see on my screen - I don't want to order one and then find the colors are significantly different. I have emailed them asking if they have a print brochure with accurate colors, and am waiting to hear back.

My big reservations about the SGP are the fact that it is not stitched, just glued (lining might come loose), and the color of the leather. Not a fan of the initial cover, but would I be correct in saying that this case darkens quite a bit with use? I found one video review and it did look darker after use but that was not discussed.

The reservation I have about both is my worry that the parts that snap on will get loose with time. Again, any input from those with Vaja cases or other SGP leather cases would be appreciated.

Are there any other similar cases of these types I should look at in addition to these two?

2. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

Check out Noreve's iPad case. Lots of leather options, and it seems to be well designed (including being molded to iPad's back to maintain thinness).

Works out to $90 shipped to US.

3. tikidoc thread starter macrumors regular

tikidoc

Do you have a link? I tried a google search and came up blank. Thanks!

ETA used the corrected spelling and found it - looks nice but more folio style. Thanks though.

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I have had the SGP Vntage Leather case for the iPhone 3GS for months and I can tell you that it's very well made and nothing came loose. Yes it is glued.
    I would say that the SGP leather iPad case is up to par with Vaja considering the price.

5. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

I like the look of the sgp case. Its like the raja with a lid. Ive been thinking about the raja but not sure I want to be tied into a removable lid kind of thing.

I seem to be just using my apple case for everyday use after being the quite a few things.

I did over the weekend make my own leather case out of an old filo fax case, remember those?

It turned out pert good using a speck hard candy as the form and attaching the fill fax binder around it gluing it with a special leather lye. Will post some pictures at some point.

I hated the peil farma, like a little puffy pillow with a magnet! Not made well either!

6. Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

If I was going to spend the money on a Vaja iPad case it would have to be for the Folio one (the Agenda I think). It's more $$ but it's a way better looking set up and look like it would function better too.