Vaja Nuova Pelle for iPhone 5 (WARNING)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Iceage, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Iceage macrumors 6502

For those looking to buy this case, think about it. I've had it a few months and I'm not satisfied with it. Why? Well, when you close it, every time you open it back your screen is filthy. This was from the beginning. I learned to live with it and just rub the screen on my shirt sleeve. Now for the past month, it's been getting worse. Where the magnet that's inside the leather touches the screen, it leave two spots and these spots are hard to rub off. I actually think that it's damaging the screen. I've contacted to Vaja and here is their answer:

Dear xxxx,

We are very sorry for this issue. This problem may be a reaction to some type of use. The leather used to line the case is soft leather. Being genuine leather it has pores, since leather breathes.
    So, according to the environmet, dust particles may get into the pores and then transferred to the screen when closing the lid (if you use a screen protector this may be more noticeable). But this
    is not a design flaw but a leather reaction to use under certain circumstances.
    Best regards,

Cecilia Q

Vaja Customer Support
    support@vajacases.com

I replied to her that I didn't have a screen protector and that I think there's a problem with the magnet. She never replied back ...

So, people, make sure you really want this expensive case. You have been warned.

2. iMerik macrumors 6502

3. egoistaxx9 macrumors 6502

vaja is a known for quality cases, i'm shocked after reading, never using their cases, ever again. thanks for warning.

4. Iceage thread starter macrumors 6502

Update...

Vaja has replied and offered a replacement or a credit towards another case. All is good!

5. HiRisk macrumors 6502

You have been warned

6. iKaushal macrumors 6502

iKaushal

Awesome.....!!

Vaja has a very good customer service. Once they had sent me a wrong case for iphone 4 about 2 yrs back and after complaint they promptly sent the correct one and asked me to keep the other case as well :D:D:p