Vaja offers more choices....for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pablo7, Jul 16, 2010.

1. pablo7 macrumors 6502

2. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

You know, some reason im really liking the regular with floater leather over the sp.

3. pablo7 thread starter macrumors 6502

The brown colored one in the sample pics looks good. I wonder what the difference is between dark brown which I'm assuming that one is, and a color they describe as brownie, although you could only get the inside color in brownie. and yes the floater leather looks better; seems as though it would break in nicely. Wish they would have the option for "Mamut" leather as they call it for the iPhone like the limited edition one for the iPad.

4. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Ya ive decided im going to go with the regular w/ floater leather, now im trying decide whether to get vibrant orange, rosso, or dark blue as the inside color and i just can't pick one lol.

5. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Bump.

Im going to get the iVolution Top floater, but i need advice on the inside color. Ive narrowed it down to the vibrant orange, rosso, or dark blue. Any suggestions?

6. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I was waiting for the iVolution Top SP, but I've got to say that this is the first iVolution Grip I would ever consider getting because it doesn't cover the black bezel on the screen. I liked the iVolution Top with floater leather, too. I don't know what I'll do. I'll be on the look out for coupons since it's rare that there aren't any coupons available for Vaja cases.

7. hipvamore macrumors regular

8. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Does anybody know of any coupons? Maybe a special limited coupon you could PM me with? MACSTORIES and SPOILME have expired a few weeks ago. I just need one 10% off coupon. I want to use a $100 American Express gift card to order, but the iVolution Top SP that I want is $110 shipped. I could get the iVolution Top with floater leather and minus the stripe and new styling for exactly $100 shipped, but a coupon would make that seem more justifiable, too. The SPOILME coupon code has worked for at least the last year at varying amonuts (sometimes $20, sometimes 20%, at the least 10%). To be in the Vaja discount hiatus by a few weeks is pretty unlucky.

9. RBfKC10 macrumors member

Anyone else a little disappointed by the back left corner (by the camera hole) being completely exposed? If you dropped the case, and it landed on that corner, you'd have been just as well off with no case at all.

It's hard to justify the price to myself considering that, and the fact that none of the options are dockable. Oh well, they'll have a dockable version out sooner or later.

10. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

With leather that thick, holes would interfere with the flash.

11. Lenow macrumors regular

No Belt Clips on Vaja iphone 4 cases

I don't get it. They don't seem to be showing any belt clips on the iphone 4 cases. I sent an email to them, but this takes them out of consideration for me. I also miss the bottom up style of their iphone 3gs case that I loved. For those who use the top down style, doesn't the hanging part of the case get in the way?

12. Errz macrumors member

have tried to email them last week and got no response from them. wanted to have the belt clips .

13. thetonyclifton macrumors regular

I love vaja cases - I always buy one for my new devices.

Went for the ivolution grip this time, as while I like the SP top last time I cant be bothered with the front cover and hinge.

14. random person macrumors 6502a

Do you think there's enough protection with the grip on the top corners? That would be my hesitation.

15. thetonyclifton macrumors regular

Depends what you plan to do with it - it is not intended as a full coverage case but it is more than enough for me - I want it for lay on the table and general scratch proofing and because it looks great.

The last vaja I had with the screen protector flap was nice but overkill for me and I want the smaller sleeker vaja this time.

16. random person macrumors 6502a

I hear you -- I had the flip version and while it offers great protection sometimes it just SO got in the way!

17. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Anyone having problems with the Vaja site? Everything displays fine but when i try to select "add to bag" it doesn't do anything, doesn't start loading or anything.

18. joneill55 macrumors 6502

Used a grip on the 2G & 3GS phones. Great case although I also have used other cases as well including Incase, Air Jackets, Iskin (kind of a case addict) I'm not a "phone dropper" so protection on top corners a non-issue for me.

The Vaja leather case develops a nice patina from the oil on your skin after 8-12 months and looks good. I'm a front pocket carrier and love the Vaja iVolution Grip cases

With the iPhone 4 while I wait for Vaja, I'm using the Apple Bumper, Sonix Snap (great case) cases and will pop for an Incase when they are available.

19. DeBaryFL macrumors member

Love Vaja cases!

Last week I ordered an iVolution Top for my iPhone 4 in Black Olive with a Caterina Ruby Wine interior. I used a similar Vaja case with my iPhone 3Gs and loved it. I like a case that covers the screen, and the flap gives me something extra to hang onto while playing games, etc.

I've used Vaja cases for over 8 years on a variety of Pocket PCs and cell phones. When I got into Pocket PCs more or less as a hobby (I love high-tech toys!) I bought a number of different brand cases, but none were as nice as the Vaja case, and I've used those ever since. Yes they're expensive but, if you can afford it, they're well worth both the price and wait time to get them!

20. Bitgod macrumors regular

Bitgod

Had a Top SP on my 3G, will probably get the same for the i4, leaning towards dark blue w/ black stripe this time.

I do like the leather texture on the Grip, but I'll stick with the Top.

21. Cuthbert macrumors regular

My Recs

Great case. I use one for everyday wear and an otterbox for working out / bike rides.

My opinion:

Do the floater leather, do not do the Top SP or stripes. The floater leather is much tougher than the catarina.

I did the black and red over one year ago for my 3GS. Still looks like new and has provided great protection. It has taken many falls from my lap onto hard surfaces when I have gotten up and forgot my phone was there. I have also dropped it while walking and it is fine. Leather is hardly roughed up and two of the falls were onto concrete. I don't use a screen protector and do not need one. There are zero scratches on my screen

My wife's Top SP in catarina leather has not faired as well. Her leather shows much more wear than mine. Also, the leather has separated over time where the two colors come together - Especially at the hinge at the bottom of the phone.

I must say, I don't mind the flipping the front cover around to talk on the phone - no issues there. Can't think of any other common issues or questions. If you have any just ask. Best case I ever bought.

22. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I have to agree about the Catarina - both my Red and Burch and my Violet and White Top SP's looked like crap after about three months because the dye started to rub off the leather. The lighter colored stripe actually held up better than the darker colored body. If I do order from Vaja, I will probably go with the floater leather this time for that reason because I love the look, fit and function of their cases so much. The leather on the retro magnet flip case held up extraordinarily well though in red and black. I can't remember what type of leather that was made of though.