Vaja or Casemate? Owners of these please help

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Merser, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Merser macrumors member

Merser

Ok guys, I have narrowed down my choices to the following 2 cases but I have a few questions for those of you who have used these cases.

My first choice would be the Vaja iVolution.

http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html?Prod=mobile-apple-iphone&ini=cap30Ii&c=6&it=1&s=1

I dont mind dropping the money on this case cause it simply looks beautiful, but heres my question for users...

Do you find that the "home button" is difficult to press. I read one review somewhere that mentioned the leather covered home button requires an annoying amount of pressure to use. Would you agree??

I know there are other options in the vaja line that offer an exposed button, but I want this design due to its 4 corner coverage.

My second choice would be the case mate.

http://www.case-mate.com/phones/app...8864c2fe7b2522e4.e3eTaxiNaN0Te34Pa38Ta38Qaxv0

This design does away with the covered button, but is it as high quality as the vaja? I still want something with quality build and construction. Also I noticed that the belt clip pin is a screw on design. Anyone find that this comes unscrewed easily? Anyone have the optional holster that you can buy with it? Does it hold it in there securely?

I would be curious as to your feedback on these cases. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance...

2. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

how thick are these cases compared to, say

1) Agent 18 (too thick and too slippery)
    2) Seidio Rubberized case (which I currently have and love the thinness, but hate the poor quality of)

3. Lenow macrumors member

Vaja Without Question

I have owned both the Casemate and the Vaja. There is simply no comparison in terms of quality and longevity. The Casemate has a serious design flaw in the belt clip; it isn't sewn into the body, but glued and it will come off after just a little use and a little pressure. The Vaja leather is beautiful, form fitting and the clip is indestructible. I have owned Vaja for other PDAs and they just make the best product of any manufacturer.