Vaja Order Experience

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by navigates, Aug 19, 2008.

1. navigates macrumors 6502a

I ordered the Vaja SP (~$117_ for my wife with her name on it. Within a week or so the Crystal 2 (~230) was released and I tried to make a switch. I sent an email to Vaja stating my interest on the switch and didn't hear back for a week. I emailed them numerous times and finally got a reply that my request will not be accommodated as it has been sent to the 'ARTISANS for crafting.

I therefore requested if they could hold the process of engraving the name on the back so I could give it to someone else; and they refused stating that any changes is against their policy and sending without the name would be against their terms of contract that I paid for. I could absolutely not comprehend their attitude in making no exceptions even after I requested that the name engraving should be skipped.

I'm positive if you'd ever go to a store like bestbuy or any of the major outlets or even online stored based here in the US, you wouldn't ever have such an demoralizing experience. The least I would expect is some sort of a consideration when I'm willing to spend the extra bucks!!.

When I got my Pioneer Elite Plasma at best buy the price dropped by 800$'s in about 6 weeks. I walked up to the manager and guess what ! He not only did a match of -800$'s but he also offered me the points that went with the new offer of $200 worth of purchase points. A World of difference exists out of this place guys !!

Vaja may offer the best case products but their customer service sure is downright bad. Just wanted to share my opinion.

2. wako macrumors 65816

***RING RING RING***

Operator: Hello how may I help you today?
    You: Yeah, I would like to reverse a charge on my credit card.

DONE

3. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

That wouldn't work as I did place the order and They didn't want to make an exception is not such a ground to reverse. Now if the product is defective, I could probably get Amex to refund it but lets see.

4. aphexii macrumors 6502

There is a BIG difference with your comparison. BestBuy wasn't custom making the item for you.

Although I agree they should have responded to you sooner, Vaja makes it pretty clear on their site that once an order is placed it cannot be changed or cancelled.

Also, might I add a word of advice. Don't personalize products, especially expensive ones. It kills resale value.

5. wako macrumors 65816

just because you placed a an order doesnt mean you cant reverse a charge. its not like you are filing for fraud.

6. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

On what grounds do I ask for a reversal? What would I tell them. They wouldn't let me customize/change the order? is that so? I believe American Express has some sort of protection. Let me give them a ring and see.

7. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

The problem with obtaining a chargeback or reversal is that Vaja may be reluctant to deal with you again, so you may have to kiss goodbye to that Crystal 2 case for your wife.

8. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

done. Called Amex gold. they have this protection thing in which if the retailer does not buy back the product, they do. So I'm gonna return it to them and order the crystal 2 probably today. The next thing is that the crystal 2 comes around $240 :mad: isint' that steep

9. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Ya, it's pretty steep, essentially the price paid for the iPhone with the contract lol.

I do find it weird that they wouldn't want to switch your order to a case that costs 2.4 times more expensive than the one you ordered. I guess they really don't like to cancel or edit orders.