Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
After I had a Case-Mate flip-style case for my first-gen iPhone, I decided that this case style was perfect for me. I couldn't find any companies that made a comparable case when I bought my iPhone 3G, other than Vaja. Their cases looked really nice, but the 40 day wait for them to make it and the wait to recieve it turned me off. They seem a bit overpriced, too.

This time, I want a Vaja case for my iPhone 3GS. It seems that owners really like the cases when they recieve them, as long as whoever hand-made it didn't do a shoddy job. I've been hearing that owners have had their Vaja case wear out more than comparable cases do and Vaja cases can start to fall apart after a few months, sometimes in a few weeks.

What do you think of your Vaja case? Was it worth the price? Have you had any problems with it?

kailess

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
I have bought four different VaJa cases over the past ten years - 3 for various pdas & iPaqs, one for my iPod. Let me say this - your VaJa case will still be rocking it long after you get rid of the electronic gadget. Literally.

In the instance of the 3 pda/ipaq cases I replaced the phones before I needed to replace the case. My current VaJa case is about 2-1/2 years old on a 5g iPod. It still looks great! People are always asking where I got my case.

The only downside I've ever experienced is that they add a bit of bulk depending on the case you chose, but it makes up for it in protection.

Bottom line, if you can afford a VaJa case, do it! :D

idesign245

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Just stay away from the limited edition ones because they're not the greatest quality. My mom bought me the white LE one for Christmas and it was awful, I returned it. I know a lot of people had the same issue.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I've had two Vaja cases, most recently for my iPhone 2G. On the plus side, it's protected my iPhone from damage despite multiple falls. On the downside, every time it fell it was because the belt clip became undone when I bent over. The case also looks quite beat up after less than two years because of its smooth surface, and the leather has begun to split along one edge.

Verdict: I won't be buying one for my iPhone 3GS, which I've already ordered. So I'm in the market for another flip case. I'm considering this case from EB Cases. At $60, it's not cheap, but it's less than Vaja's.

If anyone has other suggestions, I'd be interested.

Knolly

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2007
Vaja's quality is amazing. I'm not buying one for my 3G (I have the pouch already, but wanted a non-pouch one) only because I don't think the iVolution offers enough surface protection... But if you're fine with how much it protects (the Top/Top SP are great) then you really can't go wrong with Vaja.

marcfogel

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2007
Just stay away from the limited edition ones because they're not the greatest quality. My mom bought me the white LE one for Christmas and it was awful, I returned it. I know a lot of people had the same issue.

What was wrong with it?

I just ordered the Black-N-Red

idesign245

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Looked like crap, the leather looked stretched or pinched in spots, there was a piece of leather missing around the logo... it didn't fit the phone nicely... you could see the glue in the corners, the inside lining wasn't straight and was on crooked. I have pictures... and if you search the forum you should find the threads on the limited edition's shoddy quality.

3136426526_c64f777203.jpg

3135602647_57316ed6c8.jpg

3136426570_6eca73a45b.jpg

3135602215_7ee8816251.jpg

3136426010_baf102f749.jpg

3135602127_ee49ed9744.jpg

3135602071_040b94aa15.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.