Valid worries? Input needed....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wayland1985, Mar 1, 2008.

1. wayland1985 macrumors 6502

My Powerbook G4 was the victim of a rain storm. It's rather buggy (will shut down... runs a little hotter, and the battery life is 1/2 of what it was before). I was able to tweak a few settings here and there last night (Fan speed mainly) and was able to get her to run a little more stable.

Until last night, I was about to pull the trigger on a brand new peryn MBP. I use it mainly for word processing and web browsing. I also use it for music, movies and such.

I love the increased real-estate of the 15.4 inch screen, which is why I'm going that route.

THE ONLY REASON I HAVEN'T BIT THE BULLET YET, is because my Powerbook was a great machine. The screen was flawless... The speed was amazing for a 4 year old machine... Never had one issue! I'm afraid I'll Spend 2500 on a mac book pro and have issues!

I know this is where people come explicitly for problems, but it still worries me. Issues with machines waking up? Signal issues with wireless? Buzzing noises from the new Peryn's? AND MOST SCARY: YELLOW SCREENS?

Should I expect to have a problem with the brand new Peryn macbook pro? I mean, it JUST came out...

Will I be safe if I place my order today? What are the true odds of these problems happening to me, with a product that's less than a week on the market? Can we expect more issues as more people receive their books?

The shopping cart is ready... I just need to enter my credit card info, but please give me some insight!

2. BlueScreenX macrumors member

BlueScreenX

Everyone i know who owns one loves it... and I have not seen one person post about yellowed screens with the new penryn mbp. (also it is somthing that is obvious from the start i hear so you can just return it):)

3. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I think you'll love it. Even though it's technically been less than a week on the market, most of it has been around for more than a year. It's just a processor upgrade and some other goodies but the majority of it's guts have been time tested so don't let that hinder your decision. I have a G4 PB and you'll be floored at the speed difference with the Intel's.

4. Pees330 macrumors 6502

My new MBP is in perfect condition. It is such a great machine that you can't really get a feel for until you use one. There is only a small percent of people that will always have a problem no matter what the product is. I don't regret my purchase.