Price Advice Value and best place to sell Mac pro 17?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Guitarfreak, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Guitarfreak, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011

Guitarfreak macrumors newbie

Guitarfreak

Hey Guys

Im looking to sell my Macbook Pro 17" unibody (2009) and investing in a quad core laptop. What would be the approximate value? It has no scratches or marks at all and is in perfect condition..

Also, where is the best place to sell? If i list on ebay ill lose a massive cut of the final value through there charges and the paypal charges!

Thanks in advance
    Alan

Reminder from the moderators: This thread is for price advice. You can ask for or offer advice on pricing but you may not offer to buy, sell, or trade in this thread or any other thread in the Buying Tips and Advice forum. All buying/selling/trading threads must be in the Marketplace forum, which is open only to established members. See the Rules for the Buying Tips and Advice forum and the Marketplace Rules. Thank you!

2. Guitarfreak thread starter macrumors newbie

Guitarfreak

Thanks I will see what I can find, I'm looking for uk prices

3. Seraphiel macrumors newbie

I actually JUST today read another thread that pointed someone to a site that rates a mac for resale. I checked it out, I don't know how logical the prices are, but the gui is pretty simple, and it seems like a good rough estimate. As for selling it, you could sell it on Amazon, although I do not know their charge. The only real way to get all of the money would seem to be to sell locally.

http://www.mac2sell.net/