Price Advice Value of 2nd gen ipod 4GB

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rmcc, Jul 16, 2012.

1. rmcc, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012

rmcc macrumors newbie

Hi folks! I'm new to the forum, so hello everyone, nice to be here.

Wondered if anyone could tell me how much a 2nd gen ipod 4GB in green would be worth? I know I can look ebay, etc but I wondered if there are collectors out there who would be interested & where I would go to find them? It's in pretty much mint condition, in the original box with all the original accessories (including unused headphones.) I have used it, loved it & looked after it v well. I've got an iphone now though so it's just sitting there...and if anyone would give it a nice home then I'd sell it! But I'd like to get a decent amount for it, based on its condition, not just the same amount people would pay for a beat-up old one they want to keep in the glove box of the car! Any info would be most helpful. I'm in te UK, by the way, if that matters. Many thanks in advance!

2. AT101ET macrumors 6502

Usually, collectors prefer sealed items as they can still get used ones quite easily. It may be mint but its not new so it won't be worth that much. I can tell you I paid about £130 for a sealed one a couple of months back but mint ones go for around the £40 mark.

3. rmcc thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, thanks for that! I have the sticker (undamaged) that was used to seal the box if that makes a difference!

4. AT101ET macrumors 6502

Once its been opened there's no way that you can restore it to new. You could maybe sell it on eBay as New Other and describe it like you did. If I were you I'd just keep it as a piece of memorabilia. If you are looking to sell and after you've decided on a price, let me know as I'd be happy to take it off you :)

P.S I'd recommend you search eBay and other auction site to get a general idea of a good price range.

5. Fralle, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012

Fralle macrumors 6502

Fralle

Hi,
    You mean 2nd gen iPod mini?
    Used iPod is always used, no matter what ;)
    The condition of the iPod reflects the price. A fair price would imo be 50-60$...

"Usually, collectors prefer sealed items as they can still get used ones quite easily."
    AT101ET - I do NOT agree with you there ;)

"P.S I'd recommend you search eBay and other auction site to get a general idea of a good price range."
    AT101ET - funny you advise this guy to search the web, when you yourself uses this forum to check prices...:rolleyes:

/Martin