value of a high end oct UMBP ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tex-Twil, Jun 8, 2009.

  1. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

    Tex-Twil

    Joined:
    May 28, 2008
    Location:
    Europe
    #1
    Hi,
    well, as many of you, I've just followed the WWDC keynote and guess what ...
    I'd like to sell my current 15" UMBP to get the new one :)

    Which selling price, in Europe, would you recommend ?

    Specs:
    October UMBP 15"
    2.53GHz CPU
    4 GB RAM
    320GB HD @ 7200 rpm (BTO)
    nVidia 9400 + 9600m 512 RAM

    original price in October : 2294€

    thanks ;)
    Tex
     
  2. Tex-Twil thread starter macrumors 68020

    Tex-Twil

    Joined:
    May 28, 2008
    Location:
    Europe
    #2
    Btw, is it possible to "sell" a MBP back to Apple ?
     
  3. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #3
  4. Ploki macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2008
    #4
    just why do you wish to replace it?
    15" for 15"

    curiosity, not trolling. prolly you want the 2.8ghz one, right?
     
  5. Tex-Twil thread starter macrumors 68020

    Tex-Twil

    Joined:
    May 28, 2008
    Location:
    Europe
    #5
    hmm that's really not a lot.

    no, I want to get the 6h battery :)

    But I think I will just keep it et voilà. Maybe I'll try eBay.
     
  6. masse macrumors 6502a

    masse

    Joined:
    May 4, 2007
    Location:
    MA/GA
    #6
    Unless you will really benefit from the new battery or 8gb ram why bother?
    You can't buy every one. Just accept you don't have the best one.

    It would be interesting to model the depreciation rate and figure when you should sell (while it's still worth something but after you've used it sufficiently)

    Edit: just saw you want the battery. If you can man the swap and end up less than 300€ in the hole that would be nice.
     
  7. Tex-Twil thread starter macrumors 68020

    Tex-Twil

    Joined:
    May 28, 2008
    Location:
    Europe
    #7
    you are right

    Yes that would be interesting :)

    Actually if I really need more battery, I could just get a replacement one and it would be cheaper that buying a new notebook.

    ok decision made. I keep it. After all it was my "switcher" mac so it has sentimental value :p

    Maybe I will get an iPhone S to ease my I-want-the-latest-technology-gadget feeling ;)

    cheers
     
  8. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #8
  9. Ploki macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2008
    #9
    thats the irony, except for the battery it isnt actually better. and even thats debatable.

    what about an extra battery?
     
  10. AppleUser2 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2009
    #10
    Have a check on eBay (as I am doing) in the UK, the prices for the 2.4 "old" UBMBP and therefore I assume other "old" models are very high - a 2.4 just went for over £1300 which is nearly what it cost! I wonder if people are snapping up the replaceable/express card machines at 15"?
     
  11. bli625 macrumors 6502a

    bli625

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2009
    #11
    I think you should just keep your old one. You'll end up spending more in the end if you do decide to get the new one. If you need the battery life, the external battery is a great solution and it gives you much more battery life than the unremovable battery inside the new MacBook Pros.
     
  12. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

    Bill Gates

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2006
    Location:
    127.0.0.1
    #12
    It's really not worth upgrading unless you can just about break-even on the new one. If that's the case then go for it. Otherwise I'd wait for the next revision at least.
     
  13. harcosparky macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2008
    #13
    Keep it and buy a Second Battery !!!!!!!!!!
     
  14. harcosparky macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2008
    #14
    Me thinks you may be on to something!!!!

    I can tell you I bought my UMBP about 3 weeks ago and man am I glad I got it before this latest update !!!!!
     
  15. cube macrumors G5

    Joined:
    May 10, 2004
    #15
    I got a new prev gen 2.66 even if it was not in my plans to get a notebook.
    The prev gens were sold out at a couple stores I checked, so I had to buy it online, where the stocks are low. Apple only has refurbs.
     

Share This Page