Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richiez

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
I'm looking to sell my powerbook but I want to know its approxamte value. Normally I would post in the marketplace but they seem to have enacted a new minimum post count since I last posted here.

Pristine condition Rev C 12" Powerbook
1.33ghz
768MB RAM
60GB HD
Combo Drive (CD-RW/DVD)

Brand new battery:
Battery Information:

Battery Installed: Yes
First low level warning: No
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 4400
Remaining Capacity (mAh): 4400
Amperage (mA): 0
Voltage (mV): 12496
Cycle Count: 6

No dead pixels, no scratches on the case. Original box, laptop, power adapter, and restore CDs.

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
Wirelessly posted (motorola v3 RAZR (hacked): Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/2.0.4062/1662; en; U; ssr))

i wish i had money to by a 12 inch powerbook. iLust a powerbook 12!

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
I sold my 1.25ghz G4 PowerBook with a 160gb HDD and 1.25gigs of RAM this morning for $800.

Upgraded to a BlackBook :)

samfeldman

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I have a powerbook g4 too to sell

So I am getting a new MBP and tons of accessories soon, maybe tomorrow, and may want to sell my PB 12" G4. Mine is a 1.5 GHz, 512mb ram, and just got a battery a few months ago from the recall. HOWEVER, and this is the sad part, it's taken a few falls and has a few dents/uneven parts.

Is it worth selling once I transfer everything? How much would someone pay for it? Everything still works well, no real problems, but the case just isn't so square anymore. I worry if I put it on eBay or something and even if I did 100% full disclosure, I'll be disappointing someone. I mean, I would hate to sell a mac to someone who doesn't understand that it's noticeably dented and this may impact their experience.

What about like $300? Or is that too little? How frustrating...

macg4

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Des Moines,Iowa
So I am getting a new MBP and tons of accessories soon, maybe tomorrow, and may want to sell my PB 12" G4. Mine is a 1.5 GHz, 512mb ram, and just got a battery a few months ago from the recall. HOWEVER, and this is the sad part, it's taken a few falls and has a few dents/uneven parts.

Is it worth selling once I transfer everything? How much would someone pay for it? Everything still works well, no real problems, but the case just isn't so square anymore. I worry if I put it on eBay or something and even if I did 100% full disclosure, I'll be disappointing someone. I mean, I would hate to sell a mac to someone who doesn't understand that it's noticeably dented and this may impact their experience.

What about like $300? Or is that too little? How frustrating...
depends anyway u could post pics?

MacDann

macrumors 6502a
FWIW, I'm getting ready to put a 15" 1.67MHz G4 Powerbook with 2G of memory, at least a year of AppleCare left, mint condition, and lots of extra goodies (extra battery, RadTech Sleevz, etc.) up on eBay and I'm wondering what it's worth.

I just sold my G4 1.42 MHz iBook with a similar setup and it netted a little over $800 on eBay. Prices there are pretty good from what I'm seeing. I've never tried the forum here, so I guess I'll take a look over there and see what's up.

MD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.