Value of second hand Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sammich, Oct 13, 2007.

1. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I've been looking around for a second hand MP on ebay for quite a long time but it seems like everyone is quite happy to keep theirs for the time being. :(

So, out of curiosity, to those who own a MP, how much do you think your setup would be worth second hand? It doesn't really matter which configuration (but preferably the standard 2.66 model) but so I could just get some sort of general consensus on the matter. Since my household is sort of in need of a general purpose server/workhorse, and a full price MP is not in the books.

Specs
    Purchased from Apple: (currency)$Total Price
    Third Party Upgrades (ie Ram, HDD's): (currency)$Total Price
    Value?

Thanks.

2. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Have you checked Apple's refurb section for Mac Pros ??? Might be able to find a decent deal.

I'd be wary of Ebay. Though there are quite a few on Ebay, most sellers that I've seen upgrade the memory and then take a screen shot from the Apple Store site showing the memory they've upgrade to and "claim" it's such and such a value, when in actuality they got the RAM much cheaper. Smoke and mirrors.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Plus if the machine isn't shipped in the original box, it is easily damaged.