Valve and Steam

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iOSWriter, Sep 1, 2011.

1. iOSWriter macrumors newbie

Why is steam so flash based still with iPad users not able to watch video previews or games even now after so long? I dont getnit. Is apple and sony the companies worth hating and beating on in the entire game industry? (Valve doesnt support ps3 or sony hardware and neither do they apple btw).

2. IcyStorm macrumors regular

Flash is still widely used, so I don't think steampowered.com's use of Flash video for game trailers has anything to do with a dislike for Apple. If Valve truly hated Apple, why would we have suddenly seen OS X ports of HL2 and TF2? There is Mac support for Steam. I don't know what you're getting at.

Obviously Steam runs on desktop computers, which nearly all have Flash, so I doubt Valve is concerned with whether or not the trailers play on your iPad.

And Gabe Newell loves the PS3 now, since Sony allowed Steamworks to run on PS3.

3. iOSWriter thread starter macrumors newbie

It would be great for their business if gamers who use an ipad for mobile computing, at work, on a field trip, or on their couch away from their desktop they play gamesbat, could order games to play at home later fm an iPad and watch trailers as well. How would that be bad for business? Plenty of ppl use an iPad as their laptop and play games on their desktop at home.