Vancouver downtown or airport for iPod touch?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mattjgalloway, Apr 8, 2008.

1. mattjgalloway macrumors member

Hey,

I'm going to be in Vancouver soon (currently finishing a ski season in Whistler!) and I'm thinking about buying an iPod touch either in Vancouver or at the airport when I fly to New Zealand (via Los Angeles). I'm just not sure which place will be cheapest - I guess at the airport it'll be duty free, but will that really make it cheaper than perhaps a good shop in Vancouver?

Anyway, any advice would be much appreciated - I want to spend some of my hard earned Canadian dollars!

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I'd get it in LA, especially if they have one of those cool iPod vending machines. Besides, they're $299 in America and $319 in Canada.

3. mattjgalloway thread starter macrumors member

Yeh... except I have lots of Canadian dollars to use up and transferring between the 2 would take away the point of it being cheaper in LA (with commission, etc, I assume anyway). Also, only in LA for 2 hours which we'll be frantically running through the airport to catch the next plane! Hehe!

4. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Just call the places your thinking about. They can give you a quote over the phone.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well if you have time to kill and CA dollars to spend, might as well pick it up while you're there. less hassle imo the better.

6. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

Well there you go. You answered your own question.:eek:

7. mattjgalloway thread starter macrumors member

Eh?? How did I answer my own question?

I want to know whether to buy in Canadian Dollars in Vancouver, or in Canadian Dollars at Vancouver Airport in Duty Free (Tax Free, whatever you call it).

Still none the wiser to the best option...