Vanishing TV artwork with iOS 8?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ohsnap, Oct 20, 2014.

1. ohsnap macrumors regular

I prefer to watch my TV shows on my iPad. So much good stuff to watch and I am never in front of the TV long enough to watch a whole episode of something, so I cut the cord (got rid of Comcast Xfiniti tv, just have internet) and watch everything on-demand.

With iOS 7, everything worked great. The artwork would show and the metadata was read properly by the iPad. When I updated to iOS 8 on the other hand, the TV artwork has disappeared. All I see now are grey squares, and when I go to delete an episode, season information shows as (null) and does not delete the entry until I press the back arrow to go back to the TV menu. This happens on my iPad Air and my iPhone 6+. Only the TV artwork is affected. Movie and music album artwork is still intact. Has anyone else seen this? After a lot of Googling, I found that the artwork will show for the season if you find an image that is 600x600 or similar, but the individual episodes still do not have artwork. I had hoped upgrading to 8.1 would fix this issue, no such luck. It has been like this since the initial iOS 8 final version.

Attached Files:

2. DJsteveSD macrumors regular

DJsteveSD

I'm having the same problem, very frustrating. :mad:

3. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

As I said elsewhere I have a similar problem with album covers of my music library: some disappeared after iOS 8 installation even if they are still present in iTunes on my Mac.

5. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Have you tried signing out of iTunes? I had the same problem. Signed out of iTunes the back in and artwork was back.

Settings-->iTunes & App Store-->sign out

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I'll give it a try. Thanks

7. DJsteveSD macrumors regular

DJsteveSD

I actually deauthorized the computer then authorized it. The artwork shows on iTunes but when the movie is transferred to my iPad I get those gray thumbnails. :p

8. Absrnd macrumors 6502

Absrnd