Vanity Fair App

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by MajorTCS, Aug 24, 2010.

1. MajorTCS macrumors regular

I bought the first issue, May 2010. There were special features just for the iPad. And, they were good. I did notice a bug. Many paragraphs were missing the first letter. Annoying.
    Since the May issue I have not noticed any iPad special content. I have reported the bug thru Apple. I have tried to communicate thru their Website (on my iPad). Each time I am turned back because the "security" word will not process and send the letter. Finally, went to my iMac, and was able to send my letter.
    I looked for a snail mail address. No luck! Wish companies would provide real email addresses, not the fill in the blank which dissappears when sent.

2. iPagan macrumors regular

It's $3.99 an issue. Too expensive.

I am looking forward to the iPad app of The New Yorker. Along with Wired and Vanity Fair, it is owned by Conde Nast. Don't know when the iPad app will come out, or when it comes out, its pricing would parallel its pricing on Kindle, which is $2.99 a month.

Does anyone know if The New Yorker subscription on Kindle would work on the Kindle app for iPad?

3. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

I believe I read somewhere that the Newspaper/Magazines for Kindle do not work on the Kindle app. I don't have any subscriptions so could not check.

4. likegadgets macrumors 6502

A new issue is out - about a week after the print issue is available. Even though I am a print subscriber (and properly registered for the iPad version), it wants to charge to download the latest July issue - same problem as last month, where it took them a while to set the download flag for subscribers.

I strongly advise people not to become paid subscribers if you expect timely downloads from this publisher. They seem unable to get their act together.