Vans Waffle Cases for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Frozentoast, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Frozentoast macrumors 6502

Frozentoast

[​IMG]

eBay Link

They're finally surfacing. (I've ordered mine.) Just waiting for that iOS 6 jailbreak now…

2. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

I wonder if this is legit seeing as how many fakes were on ebay when the 4/4S version came out. The price is also much higher than what Vans would charge and the case isn't on their site just yet either.

3. hkfan24 macrumors regular

They make one for the 5 now? Sweet!!! Good looking out!

----------

Hmmmmm. Did Vans ever make the bumpers for the 4 a different color other than white? I can't quite recall. He has other variations in this case in his other items for sale.

4. Frozentoast thread starter macrumors 6502

Frozentoast

I'm extremely confident of the legitimacy. They will be appearing in other outlets shortly.

They sure did.

5. tatosta2, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012

tatosta2 macrumors newbie

I have mine from simioh too!!

Vans waffles from that ebay seller are so cool. It comes with the original case, bar code and a screen protector!!! a get a discount for the whole set. I love the one that glows in the dark :) I'm sure are originals!!! also 2 days shipping is super fast!!!!!!!! I :apple: them.!!!!!!!!!

So now I match my sneakers with my sneaker iphone 5 shoe.

eBay Link

They're finally surfacing. (I've ordered mine.) Just waiting for that iOS 6 jailbreak now…[/QUOTE]

6. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

I just tweeted out to their customer support so hopefully we get the correct answer tomorrow.

7. Frozentoast thread starter macrumors 6502

Frozentoast

Thank you! :)

There are definitely some counterfeit ones already at the wholesale level, though these sport a single-colour camera cutout (usually white) whereas the official ones were later revised with a black surrounding.

8. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Sorry OP, but Vans have not release any cases for the iPhone 5!

You paid way to much for a Vans replica case! That thing cost around $5 and thats not whole sale prices!

9. sjc83 macrumors 6502

sjc83

10. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I would be very wary about this at this point. I have one of the originals from Vans for the iphone 4/4s. As far as I know, they are not making one for the iphone 5 yet. But I guess the best thing to do is contact them directly. See what they say. Please let us know when you hear back.

11. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

Here are their responses i just received

In regards to an i5 version coming out

12. jcliden macrumors member

Soo... if they're responding with "no word yet" and "we're sure to announce it here if we do", everything out there is fake then...

13. tatosta2 macrumors newbie

scam

b aware

14. 128kilobytes macrumors newbie

counterfit

I work at Vans and can tell you these iP5 cases are 100% counterfit and unofficial. Beware :(

15. lovemyapple macrumors newbie

no, not so much.

yeah, vans has not made one for the ip5...i emailed them awhile back and they basically said they don't know if they're going to make one. they need to though! plus, go to vans.com, they're not on the site.