Vantage Point (movie) Discussion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ErikCLDR, Mar 1, 2008.

1. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Anyone see it?

I thought much of it was absolutely unbearable. Talk about redundancy. People in the theater were literally moaning every time they went to repeat the story from another vantage point. If they weren't moaning, they were yelling "OMFG not again!". Seriously, the movie could have been 30 min long had they not repeated the same scene 12x.

I think it could have been a good movie had they just combined all scenes into a linear timeline without playing the same thing over and over again. It also would have been ok had they showed multiple vantage points, but when all the people are seeing the same thing... its just annoying. I also think the ending could have been a little better. The twist was a little lame (I won't give it away).

What did you guys think.

2. MLeepson macrumors 6502

I just got home from seeing it with my friends. We all sighed really loud when it "went back it time."
    I stepped out for about 30 seconds and then when I got back I was so lost.

It was a good story, just not put together well.

3. ErikCLDR thread starter macrumors 68000

I agree. It's also interesting how when it was a certain persons vantage point, it switched to someone elses, very subtile.

I think it could have been a very good movie, but the redundancy just killed it.

4. MLeepson macrumors 6502

I completely agree.
    I also don't think the first "vantage point" should have really been considered a vantage point. I thought it was good lead into the movie, not a main part.

Also the part(s) Forest Whitaker's character and the child were a bit creepy.
    It was exactly "Hi, what's your name; want some ice cream?"