Vapor 5 Knockoff from ebay sourceworld

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by neoweapon, Dec 4, 2012.

1. neoweapon macrumors newbie

neoweapon

Hi All,

I got this for about 8 bucks and only took about a week to deliver. It looks fantastic and the build feels really good. Pics below:

The problem with this case is I lose wifi strength and cellular strength. It knocked my LTE out at home and brought in 4G and if I'm not right next to my router, my wifi signal does not even work.

Attached Files:

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

3. Partridge macrumors 6502

Faraday Cage.

This has been a known problem with ALL cases that completely surround the phones in solid metal. I don't know why they even bothered making a fake Vapor 5 considering how poorly the real Vapor4 performed.

4. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

I got one from www.caseswill.com. Took FOREVER to arrive but really awesome. Does not affect my signal.

5. KojiH macrumors 6502

Did you get the Vapor 5 (solid aluminum band) or the Vapor Pro (aluminum with a small section of plastic)?

I got the Vapor Pro from caseswill for my iPhone 5 and really like it. The Vapor Pro case does not seem to affect the signal reception.

On the other hand I stupidly purchased the original overpriced Element Vapor 4 case for my iPhone 4 but it absolutely destroyed my reception. It went straight into my desk drawer and was the biggest waste of money on a case! I can't believe people are still making/buying these!!!

Don't be confused, the Vapor 4/5 is NOT the same as Vapor Pro!

6. neoweapon thread starter macrumors newbie

neoweapon

Nice tip, I'll look into this. The one i bought on ebay is metal all around as you can probably see from the pics.

----------

Is this the one you got?

http://www.caseswill.com/new-arrival-vapor-pro-spectra-case-for-iphone-5-silver_p4330.html

How long did it take to ship?

7. swervinsuburban macrumors regular

Vapor pros from case will are all right, keep in mind that their painted not anodized, the shipping takes about a month, it's worth the 22 dollars but not more then that, my vapor pro only marginally affected my signal but not enough to notice in normal day to day use

8. neoweapon thread starter macrumors newbie

neoweapon

Thanks, I just ordered one the other night. Hopefully this doesn't ruin my signal like the one i got from ebay.

9. swervinsuburban macrumors regular

It won't. If you want a case that doesn't affect signal at all get the sector five, I don't even use my fake anymore as the real sector five is so much nicer and doesn't affect signal at all

10. neoweapon thread starter macrumors newbie

neoweapon

The real sector five is too pricey and i actually like the look on the vapor pro better. :)

11. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

I got the Vapor Pro. It has a small block of solid amber plastic on the side.

12. neoweapon thread starter macrumors newbie

neoweapon

I figured this would help with the reception. I was briefly analyzing the sector 5 and noticed there are four pieces of plastic allowing reception on the antennas