Vapor pro quality problems.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nanashisan, Mar 15, 2012.

1. nanashisan, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

nanashisan macrumors newbie

Just wanted to hear if anybody else has had any QC problems with the Vapor pro. My Black ops was everything I expected and I still love the case. The problem lies with the R8 case I ordered (and the replacement) for some reason the holes on the bottom of the case looks like a kid took a hand drill to it. I just wanted to know if anybody else was having the same QC problems or if I'm just that unlucky.

1st R8 White/black next to my Black ops
    [​IMG]

2nd R8 black/black
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. k-white330ci macrumors newbie

hi, i have the exact same problem with my authentic white/black R8 case. The bottom 2 screw holes looks like your pictures too. Here is my situation, i bought the case about 1 month ago, and was not satisfied with the white paint and the holes, so element replaces the case for me,however,the second case had a similar problem and dusts in the white paint as well, so i sent the case back again,just not fully satisfied with the quality of the case. Maybe its the white paint, but after seeing your black R8,it could happen to other finishes as well. my suggestion is to talk to element case and they should be able to replace for you, maybe i am abit anal,but for $150/a case, i expect higher quality.

3. Xtrucase macrumors member

Xtrucase

What kind of finish does ELEMENTCASE use? Being in the same industry, we haven't come across a QC issues like this before... hence i'm interested.

judging by pics, and please don't quote me, it looks like they didn't cover the holes correctly when applying the finish. or it could be overspray?

I hope they fixed the problem though.

4. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

Since it seems to be painted then I'd assume clear coated to protect the paint, that's just overspray.

Again, just guessing. I'm not a professional of any sort.

I'd also assume this would happen to any of their glossy painted cases. Cases like the BlackOPS, Stealth etc are just anodized so that wouldn't be a problem. :\

5. stcizzle macrumors regular

Just contact elementcase via email and attach pics of the poor finish. They are VERY good at resolving problems. I've bought several cases from them including 3 vapor pros (white edition, silver/silver spectra and a pink chroma for my wife) Though I never had this problem, I'm sure they would exchange it with a non-defected one. I had a few problems with the vapor comps (junk imo) and they returned two of them at full price and sent me a replacement piece for the other one very quickly once i provided them some pictures.

6. nanashisan thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a RMA in for the 2nd one. I just wanted to know how widespread the problem was with the R8. They have excellent customer service I just wish I didn't have to use them that much lol.

7. DroidRules macrumors 65816

It's the powder coating. It's very hard to get those types of areas perfect with powder coating. That'a why you should stick with the anodized cases. You won't have that issue....... of course you can't anodize white so if white is what you have to have then you must go with the powder coat.

See above post.

8. gabe223 macrumors newbie

Yea bro I hear you. I had the same issue with the white one I bought from element. I thought the $150 case was suppose to be spotless. I returned the case as soon as I got the Pearl White Case from XTRUCASE for half the price. So far so good.

[​IMG]