Vapor Pro silver Spectra vs Chroma

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by stcizzle, Feb 15, 2012.

1. stcizzle macrumors regular

Hi everyone... I'm contemplating buying another one of these. I had a Vapor Pro White Edition and a Vapor Pro Chroma in Pink one for my wife. I really liked how my wife's was anodized and I got rid of the white one cuz it scratched really easily even without dropping it-I didn't realize at the time that aluminum can't be anodized in white lol (duh)

MY QUESTION IS.... if I opt to get a silver one with the clear polymer bridge, I can't seem to find any difference between the Chroma and the Spectra in Silver, but there is a $20 price difference. (I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE BACK ADHESIVE PIECES BECAUSE I DON'T USE THEM, I JUST USE THE BUMPER and I don't understand why $20 difference if it's just the colored backing that's different)

The only difference in the description I see is that the Spectra is a "6061 Aluminum frame" and the Chroma is a "bead blasted alloy frame"

Could someone please explain to me the difference between the two, cuz $20 extra dollars isn't cheap for these cases, but after buying everything from the Apple bumper to the Incipio Feathers to the BookBook to the Tiger Design Blade and the Vapor Comp which sucked, the Vapor Pro is definitely my favorite case of choice.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!!!

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

The Spectra series have a more polished finish while the Chroma series have a matte finish.

3. kchkwan macrumors member

i think, cnc metals with bead blasting is supposedly more expensive in way? i heard matte finishes requires extra layering. go chroma haha