Various 13" MBP Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WalkingSnake, Sep 17, 2009.

1. WalkingSnake macrumors member

I got a 13" Unibody MBP, lower-end model, in July. Since then I've noticed various issues.

First of all, I have the common beachball problem. There's no click/beep sound associated with it like some have, and I've noticed clearing out my cache and occasional restarts have helped that. But in general things seem to be much slower than when I first got it... But of course I have many more programs installed, but very few are actually running.

I remember it being nearly completely silent when I first got it. Now I can hear noises when it loads web pages, applications, etc. that reminds me of the noise you'd head from an old desktop. Was I just imagining that it was silent before? The fans seem to run more often, as well.

Also, my audio jack is more and more often not detecting when something is plugged in to it. Usually putting it in to sleep and waking it back up helps.

Anyway, all of these together make me wonder if I should be paying a visit to the Apple store, and if so, what should I ask?

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Tell them it's not as quiet as it was, and that the headphone jack doesn't always work.

They won't be able to hear the noise in the Apple store (I had a similar issue, and they took it into the back room to listen to it)

They'll probably try to get your headphone jack to not work. Then they'll try doing that while booted off of the network.

Then they'll either tell you it's your OS, and reinstall it, or it's the computer, and fix the part (assuming it's under warranty)

The noise may be caused by it being dirty, or a bad hard drive, many things... they'll look at it and probably tell you it's your imagination :p Hopefully I'm wrong though!