various artists in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by miTunes75, May 28, 2007.

1. miTunes75 macrumors 6502

how do you have them listed?

When I use coverflow, the same album cover shows up a dozen times b/c the compilation album has several different artists on there. My preferred sort in coverflow is by artist. The compilation option is checked on the info of the tracks. Is it possible to get the album art to show up one? Like toward the end where it would group all the compilation albums together?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Yes, If you edit the tracks and empty out the Album Artist field, the album will show up only once in cover flow.

3. miTunes75 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. miTunes75 thread starter macrumors 6502

I finally had a chance to look at it. The Album Artist field is already blank. I am still having the same issue

5. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

Select an entire album of compilation songs,secondary click, select compilation YES

6. miTunes75 thread starter macrumors 6502

7. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

Sometimes the name of the album is slightly different. Try altering it to the one with more songs and see what happens then.;) Also, I find if someone else sings as well (eg Feat. Justin Timberlake) get rid of that and just stick with the original album artist and you're good to go. Unless you're fussy over minute detail, that is. :)

8. miTunes75 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you all for the advice. If I may ask:

could someone post a screenshot of what a puchased compliation track looks like from iTunes so I can make sure my staff matches on the "Get Info" information on the track.

Thanks to everyone with their help thus far.