Various macbook issues - should I ask for a replacement?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by KSBOOM, Aug 29, 2009.

1. KSBOOM macrumors newbie

Hello. I've owned my white macbook since the end of 2007. Since then it has suffered from a dead isight, a logic board failure, a dead battery and a dead fan which was causing the machine to shut off due to it over heating.

The dead fan was the latest random issue to crop up and to top it off, the AASP engineer cracked my macbook's undercase by screwing in the rear screws too tightly near the monitor's hinges after replacing the fan. They've ordered a replacement undercase to fix that issue. Applecare has been helpful.

But what I want to ask everybody here - would it be reasonable for me to ask for a replacement machine considering the problems I've faced?

People who have had their machines replaced or faced these issues, please let me know your opinions and when/how did Apple deem your machine to be worth of replacement.

Thank you for your valuable time.

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

You should have after the third repair.

People seem to find success getting a replacement after three repairs being done on their machine.

3. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Three repairs of the same type, it would seem. So for example, three logic board failures would qualify for a free replacement.