Various volume issues on the 6+

mailboxbetacoin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
Trying to figure out if the problems I am facing are hardware or software related:
- Any app using the earpiece (Phone, Skype...) has its volume too low, even at max setting => thinking hardware
- Using those same apps and outputting the sound to a speaker, the volume is still extremely low => thinking hardware or software
- Using any other apps (radio...) with the output to the speaker, volume is normal => more likely software then

If that's software, it is disturbing to see that this issue isn't fixed yet in 8.1 beta.

I have seen various reports of similar issues, some claim to have exchanged their phone and got an improved sound, others say that a new phone made no difference

Anybody with the same problem here, and maybe a solution?

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Trying to figure out if the problems I am facing are hardware or software related:
- Any app using the earpiece (Phone, Skype...) has its volume too low, even at max setting => thinking hardware
- Using those same apps and outputting the sound to a speaker, the volume is still extremely low => thinking hardware or software
- Using any other apps (radio...) with the output to the speaker, volume is normal => more likely software then

If that's software, it is disturbing to see that this issue isn't fixed yet in 8.1 beta.

I have seen various reports of similar issues, some claim to have exchanged their phone and got an improved sound, others say that a new phone made no difference

Anybody with the same problem here, and maybe a solution?
Try adjusting where your earpiece is. Maybe you're holding it too far away from your actual ear?

cmanbrazil

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
Phones call with my bluetooth earpiece are clearer and louder than on my 5 with the same earpiece. The output speaker is way louder than the 5. I don't know if it is a hardware or software issue for you. However, I couldn't find a single app, i.e. pandora, youtube, phone, video, espn, that had low volume. ESPN is probably my loudest APP.

mailboxbetacoin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
Phones call with my bluetooth earpiece are clearer and louder than on my 5 with the same earpiece. The output speaker is way louder than the 5. I don't know if it is a hardware or software issue for you. However, I couldn't find a single app, i.e. pandora, youtube, phone, video, espn, that had low volume. ESPN is probably my loudest APP.
to clarify, when I talk about outputting to a speaker, I am talking about plugging an auxiliary cable on a stereo system. All radio apps work great, but phone apps like Phone or Skype are very very low.