Various volume issues on the 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mailboxbetacoin, Oct 10, 2014.

1. mailboxbetacoin macrumors 6502

Trying to figure out if the problems I am facing are hardware or software related:
    - Any app using the earpiece (Phone, Skype...) has its volume too low, even at max setting => thinking hardware
    - Using those same apps and outputting the sound to a speaker, the volume is still extremely low => thinking hardware or software
    - Using any other apps (radio...) with the output to the speaker, volume is normal => more likely software then

If that's software, it is disturbing to see that this issue isn't fixed yet in 8.1 beta.

I have seen various reports of similar issues, some claim to have exchanged their phone and got an improved sound, others say that a new phone made no difference

Anybody with the same problem here, and maybe a solution?

2. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Try adjusting where your earpiece is. Maybe you're holding it too far away from your actual ear?

3. mailboxbetacoin thread starter macrumors 6502

nope, and it doesn't explain the low volume when plugged to an external speaker

4. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Return it then?!

5. mailboxbetacoin thread starter macrumors 6502

sure will if it's a hardware problem. The point of this post was to figure out if it was software (and therefore wait for a fix) or hardware (i.e. requires an exchange)

6. cmanbrazil macrumors regular

Phones call with my bluetooth earpiece are clearer and louder than on my 5 with the same earpiece. The output speaker is way louder than the 5. I don't know if it is a hardware or software issue for you. However, I couldn't find a single app, i.e. pandora, youtube, phone, video, espn, that had low volume. ESPN is probably my loudest APP.

7. mailboxbetacoin thread starter macrumors 6502

to clarify, when I talk about outputting to a speaker, I am talking about plugging an auxiliary cable on a stereo system. All radio apps work great, but phone apps like Phone or Skype are very very low.

8. davewolfs macrumors regular

No issues with Skype or Bluetooth headset. Speaker Phone works great too.