VAT rates in US

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tue, Oct 17, 2010.

1. tue macrumors newbie

I have a question considering the VAT rates in US. I live in Europe and want to know if theres any list of the different VAT depending on the state?

:apple:
    Thank you!

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

The US doesn't have VAT, there are state and sometimes county sales tax though. I think the highest those go is somewhere around 8 or 9% though. You should be able to search on google for the sales tax in the state you are going to. and also when you are looking at the price of something in the US sales tax is not included in the advertised price.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Here you go. (pdf)

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

That's not quite accurate, because the county and city will add taxes on top of that. So while it says Missouri's tax rate is 4.225%, in reality, sales tax on something is closer to 7 or 8.

5. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

maybe you should post what state you're considering. in los angeles, CA tax is currently 9.75%. it is a little lower in orange and some other counties.

6. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

That's far from accurate; for example, Louisiana adds parish, town, city, levee district, school district, etc. sales taxes on top of the state 4%. I think at one time there was a city in the central part of the state with a 14% sales tax.