VB6/Access on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Rogerlearmonth, May 19, 2010.

1. Rogerlearmonth macrumors newbie

I’m completely new to Macs. My daughter has acquired a Macbook Pro and having spent many, many years avoiding Macs, I now see the error of my ways. What a fabulous, user friendly piece of kit. I set it up for her last evening and everything worked perfectly first time.

Now to the main query which has probably been covered many times before. I would love to go iMac except that I have invested years developing a VB6/Access application to manage my classic car collection. It’s a small collection but the system contains masses of information on everything conceivable to do with the old motors. There are at least 30 forms and many linked Access tables. I actually use the system every day and run a compiled version on several PCs.

As a 1960s programmer it’s terrible ‘go to’ type old fashioned code but there are thousands of lines and it works. I can’t face a rewrite and I can’t give it up. Is there anyway I can port it to a Mac without serious pain?

Roger L

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Your most pain-free option is to run Windows Office with Parallels or some other form of virtualization.