vBulletin should have an Auto Update feature

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by celticpride678, Jul 28, 2009.

1. celticpride678

One thing that vBulletin should do in there next releases, is an AutoUpdate on thread posts.

What I mean by AutoUpdate: Instead of refreshing the page constantly to find if there are new posts, it should automatically be added to the thread, so you do not need to refresh. It is just a quicker and easier way than refreshing for new posts.

What do you think?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Doesn't forum spy serve pretty much the same purpose?

3. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

4. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Not if you don't have it open, it doesn't. I mean, I use forum spy all the time, but it is still better to have it in the thread too.

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I'd like to have this feature. There aren't that many threads that I refresh (rather than monitor them by thread subscriptions or Forum Spy), but once in a while it would be very handy.

Equivalently, it would be cool if you could start an instance of Forum Spy that watched only selected threads.

6. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

I would love that too.

7. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

That would be a pretty cool feature. Wouldn't be surprised if forums head in that direction in the near future as web pages become ever more interactive.