VC for DSi?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by zap2, Mar 23, 2009.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Maybe

http://kotaku.com/5181298/dsi-to-get-virtual-console-for-game-boy-games

Nothing firm, clearly...but gosh, I'd be all over this! Nothing I'd like to do more then pick up some great GBA, GBC and GB games!

2. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I thought I would be able to do this sort of thing when the Wii first came out. Then I was hoping the DSi would have at least a 320x240 screen, so I could download my other console games on to it... Oh well. I can dream. :(

3. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

This is Nintendo we are talking about, they will be 500 - 1000 + points each I'm sure.

5. capoeirista macrumors 6502

I heard the other day on a podcast (1up yours I think) that Nintendo points for Wii and Nintendo points for DSi are not cross-compatible.

All the reports I've found so far are from last year. Anyone know anything about this?

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

There would be a few titles I'd get, notably Pokemon Red/Blue and Gold/Silver. So long as they tweaked it to let us transfer pokermans over to the DS version, and so long as they supported closing the screen for a sleep mode (wish GBA mode on the DS would do that :mad:)

7. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I always thought this was obvious! NOA wants easy money - they have a back library of great games that run on old hardware - easy port to VC / DSi. Done.

8. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

I've not heard anything about this in the past few months ... but that is my understanding as well. I have a 2000 point Wii card sitting around that my kids haven't spent yet and would use it for my upcoming DSi (yes I pre-ordered ... yes I know the various drawbacks ... yes I am one sad gadget freak ...)