Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

055208-ngmoco.jpg

On Friday, iFund funded ngmoco released their first iPhone applications to the App Store. Ngmoco is one of a handful of iPhone developers who qualified for a piece of the $100 million venture capital fund (iFund) that was established when the iPhone SDK was launched.

The two new games are priced very competitively:

Topple ($0.99) - "- Stack and balance a family of mischievous & dysfunctional shapes using multi-touch controls to slide and rotate them into positions. Build your way to victory but remember to keep your balance by tilting the screen to prevent your teetering tower of blocks from Toppling to their doom." Video available at topple.ngmoco.com

MazeFinger (Free) - "Penetrate a seemingly endless collection of challenging mazes and race to the exit before your energy runs out!" Video available at mazefinger.ngmoco.com.

Both games have been well received. Ngmoco has also announced that they will be publishing the much anticipated Rolando game which we previously highlighted.

Article Link: VC Funded Ngmoco Releases 1st iPhone Games

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
i think anybody has a better chance at writing good games if they're funded. My money will always favor the guy doing it after work or after school.

A tetris clone implimented perhaps with the Chipmonk opensource physics engine isn't unique enough to deserve iFund - though it isn't my place to say where the money should go, obviously.

Comment

tobefirst

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
MazeFinger isn't anything to write home about, in my opinion. However, I think that Topple is well worth the dollar. Fun game.

Comment

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Seriously, is this the best that $100 Million will buy?

Comment

ShepUK

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2008
Topple is a nice game, very attractively priced. The difficulty ramp isn't particularly well-designed, but the presentation is *very* slick, and it's a fun, professional-looking game. I really like this one :)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.