Resolved VCD to DVD ?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Washac, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Washac, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014

Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

I have some fairly old what were known as VCD disks from the time before DVD.

Is there a way I can copy them and make them into DVD disks ? Because at the moment I can find no way of playing them.

2. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

Do not know what happened here, soon after posting the OP I received a reply, I replied to that post. On returning here to post some information I find the reply now gone along with my response, I'm confused.

3. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

Trouble I was having was that Toast would not even encode the .dat files which I found on the VCD discs, it would give me error -208.

I had not updated Toast in a while so checked for an update for my version and there was one, so once that was installed Toast then did try to encode the files but would stick at around 30%. ( Why does Toast not like encoding? )

I then found a small program called Burn which did encode the files and fast to.

I then burnt the encoded files from Burn using Toast, all done :)

4. DemonMF777 macrumors member

DemonMF777

I always thought most DVD players would play VCD's as well??? Try the crappiest, cheapest, no-name DVD player, that will probably play it.... always seems to work with oddball/problem discs!

5. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

I never ever even thought of trying that, when they would not work on my Mac then I assumed they just would not be recognized or play in anything.

Oh well, got them onto DVD now, but have still kept the VCDs.