Vector Designer vs. Lineform

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tovv, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Tovv macrumors newbie

Vector Designer vs. Lineform - Pros and Cons? Which one would you use?

2. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I have only been playing with it for a few days, but I'm so far very impressed by Vector Designer. Even more so that it has been added to the MacHeist bundle.

:)

3. CountPollen macrumors member

VD vs. LF

Hi,

I've been using VectorDesigner since MacHeist bundle or MacUpdate promo (can't remember).
    This app is a fast, user friendly vector designing program that I've really grown fond of. It is lighter than Illustrator.
    I only had problems exporting a 1000 dpi jgp file on A0 format, but that was due to memory allocation limitations in OS X (according to VectorDesigner developer).
    If you have questions that are not covered in the manual, the developer usually responds within 1-2 days, which I think is really fast!
    Is worth the full $ 70 ! But I got it at a reduced price.

A nice feature is the texture or image fill of an object: you can search flickr for texturfes, numbers, colours etc. to fill an object.
    Object handling is clear and modifying objects is very easy.

Lineform is different. I didn't like it much untill it got an update (used it today). The nice feature here is the artistic effects (e.g. stroke). $ 80 is a bit much for te simple interface, but today there's a promo: http://www.mupromo.com/ :cool:

So, it all comes down to what you need...

In my opinion, VectorDesigner can do everything one needs, for a nice price.
    LineForm is only starting to become a good design program, but is somewhat limited and costs $ 10 more.

Greetz,
    CountPollen